Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddk121

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Wales, UK
Hey!
Is there an app on the App Store that offers instant messaging, on networks such as MSN? I've been looking through the store, but can't seem to find one. Is there one on there?

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
Hey!
Is there an app on the App Store that offers instant messaging, on networks such as MSN? I've been looking through the store, but can't seem to find one. Is there one on there?

there is the aol instant messenger app that's free. i didn't see an msn one, but I didn't really look.

velvetelvis

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
i only said they were supposed to be. if what you say is true, i really hope they get it worked out. but i really want something that runs msn, as everbody i know uses it.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
While Adium continues in their struggle...

Note, the following is reworded from MobileChat's site....

MobileChat already has completed their MobileChat 3.0 for the AppStore (which will have queuing of messages like AIM...hopefully it doesn't sign us out after 15 minutes, though). Of course it has landscape mode, MSN, Yahoo, Google, Jabber, ICQ, .mac, AIM, profile editing, etc.

It's been done for about a week.

But problems with their server apparently makes Apple delay the launch. Most people may think "what about Facebook?" Well, this is mostly due to the fact that MobileChat will not be free.

richiepad11

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
adium is the ****!! i hope an adium app is released soo because the aim app wasnt impressive....someone let know on any adiam app leaks!!!

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
adium is the ****!! i hope an adium app is released soo because the aim app wasnt impressive....someone let know on any adiam app leaks!!!

Couldn't agree more

I am hooked on them with my Mac and would LOVE to see them make a solid app for the iPhone with the AIM-App being such a waste of space, imo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.