Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:40 PM   #1
timotheezz
macrumors regular

Apps aren't syncing! I'm "not authorized for it on this computer" ????

Thursday 7/10 - upgraded to the early version of 2.0. Downloaded apps. Apps worked great. Etc. etc.

Friday 7/11 - upgraded to the "official" version of 2.0. I left that alone overnight.

Saturday 7/12 - Restored to 7/10's sync, and everything synced properly EXCEPT for my apps.

I get this pop up screen:

"Some of the applications in your iTunes library, including "AIM", were not installed on the iPhone "Timotheezz iPhone" because you are not authorized for them on this computer."

What gives?! I downloaded about 16 apps, and I paid $25 for 3 of them. I don't get what's happening.

Can someone please help? It would be greatly appreciated!

timotheezz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:43 PM   #2
Dimwhit
macrumors 68000

I understand that you can re-download paid apps for free. So you might try moving the apps to the desktop (or just delete them), then re-download all of them and see if that fixes it.

Edit: But you might want to confirm the free re-download thing first...
Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:49 PM   #3
timotheezz
macrumors regular

Fixed!

Okay so I tried googling it ONE MORE TIME, and ta-da!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=7558038

Basically, you go to Applications under Library in iTunes, and you double click each app and your prompted with a screen to enter your password.

Easy as that!

The only annoying part is that it tells me I'm now authorized on 2 of my allotted 5 machines. 2 machines and it's the same machine? Oh well!

Time to get app crazy!!
timotheezz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:26 PM   #4
redgaz26
macrumors 68020

i can sync apps from my mac to the phone but not from the phone to my mac?
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:10 PM   #5
Coram Nobis
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotheezz View Post
Okay so I tried googling it ONE MORE TIME, and ta-da!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=7558038

Basically, you go to Applications under Library in iTunes, and you double click each app and your prompted with a screen to enter your password.

Easy as that!

The only annoying part is that it tells me I'm now authorized on 2 of my allotted 5 machines. 2 machines and it's the same machine? Oh well!

Time to get app crazy!!
I was pulling my hair out. thanks!! strange I got the 2 machines thing, too, on the SAME machine.
Coram Nobis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:33 PM   #6
redgaz26
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgaz26 View Post
i can sync apps from my mac to the phone but not from the phone to my mac?

anyone else got this problem? just tried it again apps going to phone from mac but not mac from phone
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:48 AM   #7
TimothyB
macrumors 6502a

I have the new 3G that had the out of date firmware.

So I did a full restore. I chose not to use the backup, just in case it reintroduced errors. I also gave it a new name, seemed to have my user name for Vista, which I didn't want.

Now when I try to sync, all my applications, free and paid won't sync because of this.

What's the cause of this? New name, choosing a new phone? I originally purchased them all on the iPhone, so having to access them for the first time from the computer, it finally decided to ask for authorization on this pc.

I double clicked one of the free apps and authorized, which said only 1 slot now used, but then I didn't have to do it for all the other apps, seemed to do it all of them once at or something. Edit, well, 4 didn't make it out of 12, but all 12 were denied before.
TimothyB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:54 AM   #8
TimothyB
macrumors 6502a

Ok, I double click the apps in question and nothing happens. How do I know they are authorized and if they are not?

EDIT: Well, syncing it again seemed to fix the last couple apps.
TimothyB is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps