Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Need some help here.

I created a trial account. Login all worked fine and all.

I need help with the iDisk feature. How do you use it? I logged in, and it created a "home folder" structure inside my iDisk, which was fine.

I hit sync, and it did nothing.

What about other folders I wanna sync? I have a folder in my home folder called "My Files" which is all my downloads/program installs, etc. If i drag this to the iDisk, it puts it on the idisk. But while doing so, it copies it AGAIN to somewhere on the HD, taking up more space... Im a bit confused I guess. Its a 5GB folder, and i dont want it on the machine twice.

JNB

macrumors 604
System Preferences>MobileMe:

Additional folders, use Backup (free with MobileMe).

Attachments

• MobileMe 1.jpg
    MobileMe 1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 145
  • MobileMe 2-1.jpg
    MobileMe 2-1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 150

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
System Preferences>MobileMe:

Additional folders, use Backup (free with MobileMe).

So this basically turns auto sync off, and gets rid of all those folders? Basically just making my iDisk an internet HD, with no auto sync.

Id love to be able to drag various folders to it, and have it auto sync.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
So when I drag a custom folder to my iDisk, it auto updates as I update files on my machine?

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
iDisk will contain the system-level things in listed in the Sync window, as well as contain backups of whatever Backup is managing. iDisk can't be used to sync folders real-time.

i keep reading about this "Backup" program, but yet, does it not install with mobileme?

i dont have it anywhere on the machine, and its not a pref option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.