Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:57 PM   #1
jlevsae
macrumors newbie

Will not let me login online!!!!! WTF!

i signed up for the free trial...

i entered in all the info on the mobileme preference pane on my macbookpro

i entered in the info on my iphone

both devices verified and logged on to mobile me

but when i try to go to me.com and login it keeps saying

"invalid username or password"

and its the same username and password i have logged in on the iphone and macbookpro

nothing is different (ie caps lock etc) I have been trying for two days now! any help??
jlevsae is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:59 PM   #2
khosna
macrumors member

I am getting the exact same thing.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:05 PM   #3
zsears
macrumors newbie

I was getting the same thing with the logon working on my computer but not online. So I told it I forgot my password, and then I changed it. That seemed to fix the problem.
zsears is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:15 PM   #4
jlevsae
macrumors newbie

Fixed

Ok Here Is How You Fix It...

If You Sign Up For A Trial Account, Apple Automatically Makes Your @me.com Account Your Itunes Account...

So Your Me.com And Itunes Account Now Have The Same Password, Which Is Not Allowed Apparently...

You Must Hit Forgot Password...enter Your @me.com Mail Address As Your Itunes Account...and Then Just Answer The Question To Make A New Password And Make A New Password That Is Different Than The "itunes" Account
jlevsae is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:37 PM   #5
jennyp
macrumors 6502

that's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevsae View Post
Ok Here Is How You Fix It...

If You Sign Up For A Trial Account, Apple Automatically Makes Your @me.com Account Your Itunes Account...

So Your Me.com And Itunes Account Now Have The Same Password, Which Is Not Allowed Apparently...

You Must Hit Forgot Password...enter Your @me.com Mail Address As Your Itunes Account...and Then Just Answer The Question To Make A New Password And Make A New Password That Is Different Than The "itunes" Account
Hey thanks - that was the solution. I was using the same password as my iTunes account, and that was the cause of my not being able to log in to me.com. Changed it, and now everything works. Thank you!
jennyp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services