Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Annon

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
I signed up for MobileMe this afternoon and set my gmail account to forward. So far, out of the 10 or so messages I've had on gmail since then, only two have shown up on mobileme, and those showed up an hour or two late.

I also tried sending an email to mobileme from gmail about an hour ago, and it still hasn't shown up.

Anyone else having gmail/mobileme issues?

corinhorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2008
USA
I signed up for MobileMe this afternoon and set my gmail account to forward. So far, out of the 10 or so messages I've had on gmail since then, only two have shown up on mobileme, and those showed up an hour or two late.

I also tried sending an email to mobileme from gmail about an hour ago, and it still hasn't shown up.

Anyone else having gmail/mobileme issues?

No issues for me. just tested and it was instantaneous. But then, I've had .Mac for years now and of corse my @me.com addresses have been working for over a week. I imagine you may be having issues since it's a new account, plus all the hiccups with MobileMe. Also, gmail itself is rather spotty with forwards. Sometimes they are forwarded right away and sometimes not.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I noticed this problem but realized it's because my mobileme email account isn't working at all, so obviously i'm not getting forwarded messages.

stardrummer

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Yep, I am having the same problem as well. I Googled it awhile ago, and there were a few posts stating to turn off IMAP support, but that's not a solution at all. Not only is it really annoying, but it didn't seem to solve the problem.

Annon

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Thanks for the link. It looks like the .mac addresses only work for old accounts.

I just tried sending an email to my address @me.com and @mac.com at about the same time. Funnily enough, the @me.com email disappeared, but the bounce message for the @mac.com address was forwarded to MobileMe and pushed to my iPhone before I saw it in gmail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.