Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
if i accidentaly delete a contact on my iphone and then my phone connects to mobileme and erases the contact, is there any way to get it back? This relates to a larger issue of making mistake and how to overcome them/prevent them.
IE, your phone could get stolen and then wiped resulting in your mobileme account being wiped which you wouldn't want! What someone screws something up - what would you do?

any advice?

thanks! :)

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
if i accidentaly delete a contact on my iphone and then my phone connects to mobileme and erases the contact, is there any way to get it back? This relates to a larger issue of making mistake and how to overcome them/prevent them.
IE, your phone could get stolen and then wiped resulting in your mobileme account being wiped which you wouldn't want! What someone screws something up - what would you do?

any advice?

thanks! :)

Hadn't really thought of that. This could be a problem.

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

If you keep a backup on your computer. You could always restore from the backup.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
from what i can understand, your computer sync's also (mobileme changes everything >iphone>computer>mobileme) so that will effectively reflect deleted data which you loose!

If you backup an iphone and restore a backup, will that contain the following???:

-contacts
-groups
-calendar
-sms messges
-pictures

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I think Time Machine is the solution to this (well for Leopard users anyway).

But still, it does sound a bit dodgy all this. I mean, if you deleted something by mistake, but didn't realise, there is no log of it.

What Apple should do is provide a log of all changes to events and contacts, and allow you the ability to role back a deletion or updating of something.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
sorry, i'm new to this. If you backup the phone in itunes, will it store:

-contacts
-groups
-calendar
-sms messges
-pictures

?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.