Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:51 AM   #1
Darkroom

NSWindow does not support utility styleMask 0x10 ???

just now the console started to display "NSWindow does not support utility styleMask 0x10" when i launched my app... i added some code just before it happened, so i removed the code but the message persists...

i didn't update any NSWindows or code concerning any of my windows... i didn't update XCode or IB... it literally just started listing that out of the blue...

my app seems unaffected by it... and my Panels that have Utility checked are all fine as well and appear normal... is this a glitch i can ignore? or is this just the start of a much large problem?

any thoughts?
Darkroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:16 AM   #2
kpua
macrumors 6502

That's a very odd error. Are you creating any NSWindows manually by chance?
kpua is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Darkroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpua View Post
That's a very odd error. Are you creating any NSWindows manually by chance?
humm... i just remembered that i had manually superclassed a NSPanel to an NSWindow in the code because it didn't need to be a panel (it's a sheet)... that must have been why... i'll change it back and see if it fixes the "problem"

[edit] yeah, that fixed it... when i posted the problem here i was very tired and didn't remember changing NSPanel to NSWindow... dumb...

Last edited by Darkroom; Jul 13, 2008 at 05:14 PM.
Darkroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming