Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jersey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
As of now I have 4 pages of apps / webclips on my iPhone, or 64 icons total. Every time I add something new I have to go through this pain in the ass process of rearranging things, moving the new addition to the last screen and then putting all the other icons back. It's annoying. Is there a desktop GUI app out the that does this? I'm on a non-jailbroken (but willing to do so) 2g iPhone , but I'm sure those on a 3g phone would be appreciative too.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
As of now I have 4 pages of apps / webclips on my iPhone, or 64 icons total. Every time I add something new I have to go through this pain in the ass process of rearranging things, moving the new addition to the last screen and then putting all the other icons back. It's annoying. Is there a desktop GUI app out the that does this? I'm on a non-jailbroken (but willing to do so) 2g iPhone , but I'm sure those on a 3g phone would be appreciative too.

There is an app for jailbroken phones. But since you have apps, but are not jailbroken it sounds like you are on 2.0, which can't be jailbroken (yet.) So you are currently a SOL.

iPaul

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2006
there ought to be a pane in the settings for apps where you can choose to turn off your applications without removing them, so that the icon disappears but you can always go back into the settings and turn it back on

jersey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
There is an app for jailbroken phones. But since you have apps, but are not jailbroken it sounds like you are on 2.0, which can't be jailbroken (yet.) So you are currently a SOL.

Whats the app? I could always go back to 1.1.4 ..... if I really needed to

coolant113

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
New Jersey
I would really like there to be folders you can make and put certain apps in it.. and be able to make other folders for webclips...:apple::apple:

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
Something like Quicksilver would be perfect. Or basically Spotlight. A search that is super fast to access and searches your files, contacts and apps.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I thought the same thing as I have 3 pages of Apps but I am fine just going to the page with the App

Isn't that big a deal

I just need to keep the pages the same way so I can remember which pages have which apps

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
there ought to be a pane in the settings for apps where you can choose to turn off your applications without removing them, so that the icon disappears but you can always go back into the settings and turn it back on

Totally agree. Although shoving them all to the second or third page isn't that bad.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
its called categories, it is awsome. I hope it either comes out on app store. or we get jailbroken soon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.