Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SCHMEGGA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I have not been able to find this info anywhere? So the question is: "Will apple be releasing new apps on a set day per week?" Something along the lines of "New App Monday" or will they just be rolling them out as they are approved along the lines of a daily/bidaily basis, etc...? I just hate going into the app store every few hours and hitting the "New" tab and seeing nothing change!

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
It seems like they're releasing every day so far.

Course I doubt they're releasing every day every hour.

It's probably as they get them.

tonrou

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
Every day? I haven't seen a new app released since the launch on Friday.

I count 18 FREE apps released after the 11th

Using iTunes just view all apps and sort by release date, I have been watching them that way.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
I count 79 applications released since the launch date (free and paid).

But that's simply using the all iphone applications and sort by release date...apparently more applications have released with different release dates (those are probably approval dates...cause most of the apps have been released in june and stuff)

SCHMEGGA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I count 18 FREE apps released after the 11th

Using iTunes just view all apps and sort by release date, I have been watching them that way.

I must have been looking in the wrong place. Dumb me, I thought that looking under "New" and sorting by release date would be the obvious answer. Should have know it wouldn't be so easy.

tonrou

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
I must have been looking in the wrong place. Dumb me, I thought that looking under "New" and sorting by release date would be the obvious answer. Should have know it wouldn't be so easy.

This is why I mentioned it at all, I was hoping to just use the 'new' section myself, but figured after not seeing some of the new apps make the 'new' section I would just stick to sorting them all.

SCHMEGGA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
This is why I mentioned it at all, I was hoping to just use the 'new' section myself, but figured after not seeing some of the new apps make the 'new' section I would just stick to sorting them all.

I appreciate it. Thanks.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
Two days now since I've seen any new apps posted. Anyone know what the schedule is going to be?

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
Wish Apple had a list of upcoming apps

Even if they can't say just when a particular app will make it into the App Store, I wish they had a list of "upcoming apps" that we could look at so we'd know what's in the pipeline.

There have to be tons of apps waiting for testing and approval by Apple, and there's probably quite a backup right now. I'd like to know what's been submitted to them, and (if possible) in what order they are being tested for approval and release.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Two days now since I've seen any new apps posted. Anyone know what the schedule is going to be?

I agree, There were some new apps added on Friday (17th) ... but nothing since.

Maybe the first week (launch week) they were rolling them out daily, and from now on, the App Store will switch to a 'Tuesday' release schedule?

I wouldn't mind that, as long as it got updated every Tuesday.

R-Fly

chrisb3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I agree, There were some new apps added on Friday (17th) ... but nothing since.

Maybe the first week (launch week) they were rolling them out daily, and from now on, the App Store will switch to a 'Tuesday' release schedule?

I wouldn't mind that, as long as it got updated every Tuesday.

R-Fly

There were new apps released on 7/19. None on 7/20. Looks like they may be adopting the release schedule the WebApps have. Releases every day except Sundays.

Haven't seen any yet today, but noticed that on Friday and Saturday, the new apps appeared around 8pm eastern.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
The time to release Apps is starting to get really annoying. I'm waiting on one that was submitted by the developer on the 14th and it still isn't in the store! That's a full week, and it could go on longer. And I know there are other applications waiting in the queue.

Apple needs to figure out a quicker way to handle this. I'm sure they will eventually, but in the meantime, it's frustrating.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
The time to release Apps is starting to get really annoying. I'm waiting on one that was submitted by the developer on the 14th and it still isn't in the store! That's a full week, and it could go on longer. And I know there are other applications waiting in the queue.

Apple needs to figure out a quicker way to handle this. I'm sure they will eventually, but in the meantime, it's frustrating.

The time between submission and appearance on the store is 10-11 days.

R-Fly

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
As a developer, who has been accepted into the developer program, Apple sent me an e-mail in late June, stating I must submit my application for App Store approval by June 30th.
This application must have undergone final beta testing of the highest level, and be pretty much final.

The final deadline for submission of these applications was July 7th, 12PM PDT

Thus giving Apple 10 days to approve the app, and 1 day to process it.

MacNN -

"To ensure your application can be considered for the exciting launch of the App Store," a message to iPhone developers now reads, "submit your application by 12pm PDT on 7 July." Business publication Silicon Alley Insider earlier cited an anonymous source as saying the date was June 30th, which would have given Apple 10 to 11 days to test and approve software.

To meet the July 7th deadline however, developers will need to have conducted their own final testing, using beta 8 of the iPhone 2.0 OS. The complete versions of the OS and SDK are expected to become available on or around the time of the iPhone 3G launch on July 11th.

R-Fly

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
That was 10 days for launch, no? That doesn't seem to say that it will always be like this. No reason it couldn't now be much longer, though I would assume it to be less, or at least decreasing, because the onslaught of people wanting a launch-day app isn't a factor.

Unless I am missing something.

fasttech

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2008
The kicker is though there might not be as many people wanting to get that launch day app ready, but now that they allowed many more developers in the programs, compounded with the fact that all app updates apparently go through the same approval process, it is taking much longer. I was lucky enough to get my app on the App Store at launch. But I have an update for it that I submitted Friday the 11th that is still not live yet, so it is going on > 10 days for an app update to get approved!

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Yeah, I'm waiting for an update on BibleXpress that the developer submitted on the 11th. I haven't checked all my apps, but I haven't had an update on any of them in a week, though I'm not sure which have anything pending.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Store has updated today with the full version of Mocha VNC, an update to OmniFocus as well as others.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Strange: App store says all my apps are up to date, but I have Omnifocus, and it's not prompting an update.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I do now. I downloaded it manually, but it never showed an update was available

Juo100

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Not exactly what you wanted but it might help, http://www.pinchmedia.com/ four RSS feeds

Updated
NewApps
TopPaid
TopFree

Its pretty cool, personally I monitor the NewApps. While its not a release sechdual it will help you keep track of the applications more easily that iTunes will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.