Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:16 PM   #1
walnuts
macrumors 6502

Airport/Time Machine Setup Issue- Can't Connect Windows XP to a "Private Network"

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue connecting a windows xp laptop to my time machine network. I have the time machine configured as a bridge to university ethernet and am using WPA security. University rules dictate that I cannot broadcast my SSID (must make my network private in airport settings). However, when I do not broadcast the SSID, the windows laptop will not connect to the airport. I made the network my highest priority network in the windows xp settings, installed the windows xp updates for seeing non-broadcasting networks and for using WPA security. I also installed the time machine software on the windows xp machine as well. As a test, I temporarily broadcast the SSID, and the windows laptop immediately connected perfectly, so I know all of the other settings are correct.

Any help?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
walnuts is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals