Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trek1500

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Sugar Land, Texas
Is there a command key for the MAC that will eject a DVD from the slot drive?

I'm a day old owner of a MAC MINI and to eject I have been using the remote to actually go into the program and select "eject disc"...wondering if there is a faster way...

Thanks!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Unfortunately, you have to have the disk icon selected before keying Apple + E which can be a pain if you've got a bunch of windows open. There's also the eject key at the top right of Apple keyboards...

I also use Ejector. Very handy and will unmount and eject drives that Finder says are busy when they're not.

PaperCutPro

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
Astray in Sylvan
On an Apple full size keyboard, hold down cmd-ctrl-option and the eject key. After a few moments your Mac will shut down and the disk will eject. I realize it will probably take you about 5 minutes to get back to square one, but "fast way" or "quickly" was not in the question.

PaperCutPro

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
On an Apple full size keyboard, hold down cmd-ctrl-option and the eject key. After a few moments your Mac will shut down and the disk will eject. I realize it will probably take you about 5 minutes to get back to square one, but "fast way" or "quickly" was not in the question.

PaperCutPro

Pretty sure the OP has found a solution in the last 7+ years...

Reactions: CoastalOR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.