Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

estark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
I have a new iPhone and seem to think that visual voicemail isn't working for me. If I have voicemail messages and click the voicemail icon, the phone just dials voicemail. There is no list. Is this normal?

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
my iPhone 3G actually did this last night as well and I was very confused. I ended up letting it call the voicemail and listened to it for a few minutes then hung up. I then closed the phone app and relaunched it, clicked around the bottom buttons and went back to voicemail and it lagged for a second and prompted me for my voicemail password, then loaded visual voicemail. the last few times I've tried it, it loads fine, so I'm not sure what the hiccup was.

Chris Kraft

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
La Habra, CA
You may have to call Apple; 1-800-MYIPHONE

I had a similar issue; my Voicemail button would not go active, letting me access the Visual Voicemail section.

Apple walked me through some steps that got it working.

iLeoMarc

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
You may have to call Apple; 1-800-MYIPHONE

I had a similar issue; my Voicemail button would not go active, letting me access the Visual Voicemail section.

Apple walked me through some steps that got it working.

Go to you VoiceMail, it will dial. Change your Voicemail Password to what you desire. End call and enter Settings. It should ask for you voicemail password in a popup. From there it should start to work.

edul0890

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Go to you VoiceMail, it will dial. Change your Voicemail Password to what you desire. End call and enter Settings. It should ask for you voicemail password in a popup. From there it should start to work.

I have the same problem and tried this, but nothing happened. Got any other suggestions?

phatcat

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
my VM box also didn't work

I fixed it by calling my # and press*

Then I had to setup my pin

It appears u need to setup ur mailbox.

All my voicemail from my old iPhone were deleted

Warpdrv

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
Yeah.... I didn't see the visual vm stuff until I setup all my pin and mailbox stuff through voicemail steps...

estark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
It seems like in the Friday confustion, ATT didn't set up a data plan. They had been charging me for data on a per MB basis. They set up the data plan and then Visual Voicemail worked. They also set up a data plan and removed the significant per MB data charge a had...

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I had this issue on Friday, what you need to do after you set up your voicemail password, greeting etc, if the phone still dials voicemail is reset the network settings..

Go into settings > general > reset > reset network settings..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.