Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

losemind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Looking for iphone games for mental math or vedic math training?

Dear all,

I am a fan of mental math and/or vedic math etc. and I want to utilize my spare time to do some training whenever I am idle.

That's why I want to buy an iphone. In fact, I buy iphone because it can be a game machine in addition to a phone.

For example, I can utilize my time commuting on subway to do some training...

But I couldn't find good mental math and/or vedic math training game on iphone.

I am an adult so those too-simple problems such as 2*9=18 are not interesting to me,

I would like to exercise something like 123x45, etc.

Could anybody give me some pointers?

Thanks!

dana76

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2017
Looking for iphone games for mental math or vedic math training?

Dear all,

I am a fan of mental math and/or vedic math etc. and I want to utilize my spare time to do some training whenever I am idle.

That's why I want to buy an iphone. In fact, I buy iphone because it can be a game machine in addition to a phone.

For example, I can utilize my time commuting on subway to do some training...

But I couldn't find good mental math and/or vedic math training game on iphone.

I am an adult so those too-simple problems such as 2*9=18 are not interesting to me,

I would like to exercise something like 123x45, etc.

Could anybody give me some pointers?

Thanks!

I am a math teacher and actually teach a class on Mental Math to kids. I am going to link, what I personally believe at this time are, my 2 favorite apps for mental math (1 for ios and 1 for android):

Android (free): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meritshine.mathfun&hl=en
IOS ($2.99): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mathemagics-mental-math-tricks/id306586847?mt=8

Yes, the IOS is $2.99, but I couldn't honestly find anything that was "free" that seemed worthwhile. If you have an Android, the mathsapp is great and free. However, the search is much more difficult for IOS, which you have already found out. Many of the other apps listed above are simple math, which I know you aren't looking for...hopefully you have found something already. If not, check out Mathemagics. $2.99 to practice something like this is worth the money invested. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.