Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wintrmte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
Idaho
All,

When purchasing my 3G iPhone the AT&T rep asked if I was going to be using Exchange push mail at work. I got to thinking about it and said no, but I really am going to.

What's the difference though between the Business plan vs. Personal? Doesn't Mobile .me do push email also?

Looking for feedback.

Thanks!

JohnTree

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
According to info in other threads, the key for the requirement to purchase the Business/Enterprise Data Plan is whether or not your employer is *directly* paying your cell phone bill (as opposed to reimbursing you separately). The point of reference is whether or not you use your personal SSN for the credit check/sign up, or your employer's business ID#/tax #. If your employer doesn't give you anything, then the matter's fully settled.

AT&T was announcing at the outset that *everyone* needed to be on the Business plan to get ActiveSync...that's turned out to be proven wrong so far. If they later pull some stunt to deactivate access for Personal plan users, you can always bump up to the higher level later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.