Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

minhaferzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
I'm not sure if there's an option I'm missing somewhere, but it's something that worked previously on my first gen iPhone.

When you go into More -> Podcasts and choose a video podcast to playback, only the audio should be playing. What it does now is play both the video and audio back from the file. Can anyone else confirm this?

Rudetrooper

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
I'm not sure if there's an option I'm missing somewhere, but it's something that worked previously on my first gen iPhone.

When you go into More -> Podcasts and choose a video podcast to playback, only the audio should be playing. What it does now is play both the video and audio back from the file. Can anyone else confirm this?
I have the same issue. This was a nice feature to save battery life

batequeixo

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
This is happening on my first generation iPhone too

I don't believe this is particular to 3G phones. I noticed this problem is intermittent, sometimes the video podcasts play correctly, specially immediately following a reboot of the device. This seemed to have started after installing a few obscure apps, but can't be sure which one did it.

What seems to make a difference on my case is if I launch the podcasts from the 'videos' icon within the iPod app, instead of launching it from 'podcasts', this way the videos play correctly, not only audio.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Found a solution:

1. Open the iPod and select the video podcast from the “PODCAST” section.
2. Close the iPod and return to home screen (Video will stop)
3. Put iPhone to sleep
4. Double tap the home button until the “mini” iPod menu opens.
5. Click Play and then unlock
6. You can now listen to the podcast while surfing Safari or sending a text message!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.