Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

BoyGeniusReport noticed in their web logs that a visitor using iPhone 2.0.1 had been spotted.

113213-apache1.jpg

We've spotted similar records in our own logs. Of course, no clues as to what features will be available.

Article Link

isimon1207

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008
Wow already huh? I am not experiencing any problems with the new firmware other than slight keyboard lag. I hope this is an update to the app store to help it become more navigable.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
My guess is we are looking at bug fixes, does it not drive anyone else nuts when you go to the phone or contacts app and it is locked for a few seconds before you can scroll around???

SpinThis!

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2007
Inside the Machine (Green Bay, WI)
I call shenanigans this early... because Apple always test their firmware on BGR or MacRumors?! ;)

I'm not saying it's not possible but just an FYI... any person who enables the develop menu in Safari or uses Firefox can change the user-agent string to whatever they want, emulating what the iPhone user-agent string might show.

Tastic Bycrom

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Kansas City, MO
Feature changes unlikely

Given the version number, I would highly doubt any presence of feature change. I'd expect a few bug fix releases in the next couple of months simply due to developers exercising more of the SDK that was not throughly tested.

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Hmmm, so Steve does read these websites.

He may not directly, but someone or some people at Apple do.

Maybe we could get a SELECT ALL for Mail to move or delete instead of clicking each email? I've read that Copy/Paste is a feature that could show its head very soon. No, serious.... It was one of the things on the list that got put into the secondary category of priorities according to the article I read.

Epix

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Hmmm.....fix it so I can sync from my computer without getting the "Device Timed Out" error message kthx.

Ori

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
My guess is we are looking at bug fixes, does it not drive anyone else nuts when you go to the phone or contacts app and it is locked for a few seconds before you can scroll around???

It's killing me. No solution yet though. I think it's only people who use mobileme? Maybe it's trying to sync?

Oh and I have updated to the latest build of 2.0

MacEdit

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2007
Bug fixes, please

I hope that is some new firmware, so i can fix the continuous crashing that i have been experiencing.

this 2.0 firmware was not ready for primetime. Maybe 2.0.1 will fix some of that

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
It's killing me. No solution yet though. I think it's only people who use mobileme? Maybe it's trying to sync?

Oh and I have updated to the latest build of 2.0

That is my conclusion as I am using MoblieMe. I think it is updating contacts, etc. Apple will fix this soon if MobileMe is to be their baby as they already had a rocky start on migration from .Mac.

BTW, I love MobileMe as I no longer have to worry about out of Sync issues for contacts which was always a pain.

I hope that is some new firmware, so i can fix the continuous crashing that i have been experiencing.

this 2.0 firmware was not ready for primetime. Maybe 2.0.1 will fix some of that

Do you think this could be the Apps themselves and not the firmware? The only reason I think this is possible is some apps crash all the time while others never do.

robecq

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
Denmark
I want my contacts birthdays to appear in the calendar!!! And clicking on it takes me there!! Plz

sonnyjames

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
Minnesota
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

any one know how to send web pages by SMS rather than email?

notnek

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007

yep. its trivial but annoying nonetheless. and the keyboard lag is a problem too.

dstrauss

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
Are we sure this isn't one of us "early" upgraders that stumble on to 1,2 (347) a few days before the general release. We've all now side-graded to 1,1 (347), but the "2" version could be 2.0.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.