Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 15, 2008, 08:32 PM   #1
fleish
macrumors newbie

YouTube Blurry?

Anyone else having a problem with problem Youtube videos? Very blurry. Is this normal? Definitely not as clear as I expected. Wondering if the old iphone was like this also.
fleish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 08:50 PM   #2
speedbumpnv
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleish View Post
Anyone else having a problem with problem Youtube videos? Very blurry. Is this normal? Definitely not as clear as I expected. Wondering if the old iphone was like this also.
it depends on the content you are viewing. youtube is not known for quality video. also. i believe the iphone scales the quality depending on what you are connecting with and at what speed.
speedbumpnv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 01:51 AM   #3
J2theizzle
macrumors newbie

It also depends on what network you are using to connect. I see that on my 3g it is still the same quality as it was on Edge. On wifi you will see a huge jump in quality. There are two different rates at which youtube is encoded for iPhone. That which goes over the cell towers is a much lower quality due to loading speed and the bandwidth conservation for the cell networks.
J2theizzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Alsolaria
macrumors newbie

YouTube mobile App is blurry on IOS6 but not no Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2theizzle View Post
It also depends on what network you are using to connect. I see that on my 3g it is still the same quality as it was on Edge. On wifi you will see a huge jump in quality. There are two different rates at which youtube is encoded for iPhone. That which goes over the cell towers is a much lower quality due to loading speed and the bandwidth conservation for the cell networks.
Hi, I found YouTube mobile App on IOS6 blurry on 3G but not on wifi with my iPhone4 and iPad4 . In order not to view the blurry video, I give up Youtube Mobile App but use Safari to view YouTube on 3G.

Please note I use CSL in Hong Kong so it is not AT&T problem and I suspect it may due to IOS6.

Any comment and support!

Alsolaria
Alsolaria is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:55 PM   #5
cheryl325
macrumors newbie

hi it's probably because you're connected to 3G not wifi. It's a vast difference in quality. Also depends on how strong the connection is.
cheryl325 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:12 PM   #6
MichaelKB
macrumors member

That new YouTube app sucks. Try using the Jasmine app. It's better by default, or you can go into settings and make it use the highest quality available.
Unpopular speech is absolutely vital to the health of our nation.
MichaelKB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:37 PM   #7
tvith
macrumors member

What everyone else said is correct.
This happens with almost every phone, it's a default setting in the youtube app.
I used to have the Droid X2 before the iP5 and when watching videos the youtube app will load it according to your connection. If your connection is 3g or less, it will not play in the highest quality, instead it'll adjust to a lower quality so that your video doesn't stay buffering. But if you watch the same content over WiFi, or LTE (assuming your LTE speeds are fast), it'll load with the highest quality.

On the Droid X2 you can go into the settings of youtube and there was an option to load all videos in the highest quality regardless of connection speed. Not sure if there's one for the iP5. Like I said, I'm new to iP5 and still messing around with it.
I just learned how to charge the iP5...jk
tvith is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting