Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stevenson1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
South Africa
Hi,

I recently bought a new Mac Pro G5. Everytime I start it up, I launch Photoshop CS2 and I get a message that The Application has unexpectedly quit, Close, Reopen or Report.

However, I tried reinstalling CS2 but still it does the same. How do I go about this.

jimleszczynski

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Mount Pleasant, MI
Hi,

I recently bought a new Mac Pro G5. Everytime I start it up, I launch Photoshop CS2 and I get a message that The Application has unexpectedly quit, Close, Reopen or Report.

However, I tried reinstalling CS2 but still it does the same. How do I go about this.

Read this on Adobe Website!

"Photoshop CS2 is no hit on an Intel machine (all new iMacs are Intel machines) as it runs in emulation mode in Rosetta and it will also not get updated for compatibilities with Leopard."

Also, if it is a non legal version (bootleg) copy of CS2. You may experience problems. Hopefully it is legal and you can obtain the CS3 upgrade for relatively cheap.

Good Luck

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
Mac Pro G5

What machine is this :confused:

If you have an actual G5, which is a PPC machine, then the above warning from Adobe does NOT apply.......and you have another problem of some type..... CS2 runs GREAT on PPC machines G4's & G5's :D

IF OTOH, you have an INTEL-powered mac, you would be well advised to do some googling on this subject, as there is alot of postings about it :)

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2004
MacPro = Intel = CS3
PowerMac = PPC G5 = CS2

It's that simple. CS2 on an Intel Mac is just plain bad.

Stevenson1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
South Africa
Hi, I have a Dual Core Intel Xeon, 3Gb of Ram, 2Ghz processor Speed and my Photoshop cs2 still quits.

What must I do?

Confused.

What machine is this :confused:

If you have an actual G5, which is a PPC machine, then the above warning from Adobe does NOT apply.......and you have another problem of some type..... CS2 runs GREAT on PPC machines G4's & G5's :D

IF OTOH, you have an INTEL-powered mac, you would be well advised to do some googling on this subject, as there is alot of postings about it :)

Stevenson1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
South Africa
Can't save files as Jpeg's

Hi there,

Sometimes when I save Photoshop tiff files as jpeg's, I come across a message like this: could not save as "Steven.jpg" because of a program error.

I still use Adobe Photoshop CS2 and the problems quiet often.

How can I eradicate this kind of message? Please help

Stevenson1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
South Africa
Hi, I am still awaiting a response on the topic below. Please help asap as I have to give feedback to one of my clients.

Thanks, Steven

Hi there,

Sometimes when I save Photoshop tiff files as jpeg's, I come across a message like this: could not save as "Steven.jpg" because of a program error.

I still use Adobe Photoshop CS2 and the problems quiet often.

How can I eradicate this kind of message? Please help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.