Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:09 AM   #1
efegue
macrumors member

Login to a website

Hello,

I want to create an app or webapp to login to my provider website, filter the HTML and count how much traffic I did in the last month.

I know what shoud I filter from the provider HTML but I don't know how to make the login, what should I use? I just need to "POST" a form then go to a specific url and then analyse the HTML to filter what I want.

Can somebody enlight me, please?

Cheers,
Fábio
efegue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:43 AM   #2
detz
macrumors 65816

I found this to be a pain so what I did was write a small Perl script(Php, ASP, what ever) on my server that actually grabs that data from 4 sites and then creates a smaller xml file that my iPhone can than grab. It's much easier to login and parse sites using scripting languages like Perl/Php than it is Objective C.
detz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 07:02 AM   #3
efegue
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by detz View Post
I found this to be a pain so what I did was write a small Perl script(Php, ASP, what ever) on my server that actually grabs that data from 4 sites and then creates a smaller xml file that my iPhone can than grab. It's much easier to login and parse sites using scripting languages like Perl/Php than it is Objective C.
That's better. Thanks for your help!
efegue is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming