Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digisoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
i wanna get a new 3g iphone unlocked, but still researching...i have a question, if i do an erase contents and settings for iphone, is the installed application gonna be removed? like Installer, remote, etc... or just the media files like music, photos, mail etc...? will it still remain unlocked and jailbreaked? coz i saw some video, and see that bootneuter is at the home screen. i guess that's an app use to unlock? what is the usage of bootneuter anyway...? please help me...thanks.

digisoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
by the way...if the erase all contents and settings do remove the application, will it remove the Installer as well? if so, how do i install back? I'm new to this...thanks..

zippster

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
its doesnt remove the installer !!! done this hundreds of times, its the first thing i do after unlocking a phone.

digisoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
its doesnt remove the installer !!! done this hundreds of times, its the first thing i do after unlocking a phone.

You mean even erase all contents and settings doesn't remove installer? What about other application? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.