Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:14 PM   #1
bigtar
macrumors member

Duplicate Contacts from Exchange

I am syncing exchange contacts via activesync. I am seeing duplicates on the iphone that I am not seeing in Outlook. When I delete the duplicate from the phone, the lone contact in outlook is deleted.

I have tried a reload of outlook contacts, but I have the same problem. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it
bigtar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:52 PM   #2
InTheAir
macrumors regular

Check to make sure you are looking at only one contact group. For instance, if you sync'ed with contacts through iTunes or MobileMe and then you set up Activesync, then when you view your contacts you will see a small flag in the upper left corner of the screen that will allow you to go back a page and select which contact listing you want to view--All Contacts, Activesync Contacts (or other name), MobileMe Contacts (or other name).

If you are viewing All Contacts, and your Activesync Contacts and MobileMe Contacts have duplicate entries, you will see two of each in your All Contacts listing.
InTheAir is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:51 AM   #3
cbone
macrumors newbie

Thank you.

This resolved my problem.
cbone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting