Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmccaskill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
So before I bought MobileMe I began using my gmail address for my Apple ID. Is there a way to change my Apple ID username from my gmail to my MobileMe?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Try https://myinfo.apple.com/

Once you log in, you should be able to change it.

I went the opposite way. Knowing that if I ever stopped paying for MobileMe that I wouldn't have access to that email anymore, I switched my AppleID back to my gmail (which I hope will never go away). :)

mmccaskill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
So to follow up. So as long the Mobile Me account exists, I can never rename my current Apple ID to the Mobile Me one. Makes sense. Subsequently, all the DRMd content I've purchased under the current Apple ID cannot be transfered to the Mobile Me Apple ID.

Is it possible to say watch HD TV shows under the Mobile Me account even though I purchased said content with my current Apple ID?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Is it possible to say watch HD TV shows under the Mobile Me account even though I purchased said content with my current Apple ID?
As long as the purchaser of the HD TV shows has authorized iTunes to play the content, I think it should play. Each purchaser (iTunes account) can be authorized on up to 5 computers to play purchases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.