Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blofeld42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Ant is a 2.4GHz wireless networking protocol often used with sensor network devices, including heart rate monitors. Has anyone seen an ant dongle you can hang off an iPhone port?

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Ant is a 2.4GHz wireless networking protocol often used with sensor network devices, including heart rate monitors. Has anyone seen an ant dongle you can hang off an iPhone port?

I saw a 'hardware hackers' site where they were building (quite a few) things that could hang off the bottom of the the 1st gen iPhone and the iPod Touch... These devices included tiny gps modules (they were going to produce these I think) and I think a microphone for the iPod touch...

I can't remember the site but it kinda reminded me of a blog and it might even have blog in it's name...

Do a google search for iPhone hardware hack gps module and I'm sure you'll find it pretty fast... the site had photos and essays and I think a few pleas for people to contribute dollars to their efforts.

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.