Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 17, 2008, 03:42 AM   #1
cubixx
macrumors newbie

Exclamation "iTunes was unable to load dataclass information from Sync Services....

"iTunes was unable to load dataclass information from Sync Services.
Reconnect or try again later"

I JUST updated to the 2.0 firmware on iphone. and it won't sync.... i noticed many people have this problem. and no one has solved this yet. IF someone did solve it... i missed it. help please....

0. i originally started with 1.1.4 firmware jailbroken iphone.

1. i jailbroke my iphone using ziphone (i have at&t and did NOT unlock it...just jailbroken) then from the ziphone i used the button that readys the iphone for a update...

2. went into itunes, had some random error that wouldnt allow me to fully download the 2.0 update.. problem was fixed by disabling my firewall/antivirus.. then downloaded/installed the 2.0 firmware.

3. all looks good. but when i hook it up to itunes... it shows the error
"iTunes was unable to load dataclass information from Sync Services.
Reconnect or try again later" ...

4. on the left side of itunes.. it shows that my iphone is connected... when i click it.. it shows nothing...just blank page or a copy of my itunes library..
-there is no buttons to click that says restore or sync.. just that stupid error..

5. right before the 2.0 update.. i did backup my iphone.. so i have all the backups saved.. just...it won't sync with itunes anymore... + now all my contacts are gone/ music/ photos until this stupid error is solved.

HELP PLEASE. ... thats enough detail...kmon lol.

please respond and keep this post going until problem is fixed.. for me and the many others who have this random dumb problem... STUPID 2.0... -.- uggh
cubixx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 04:16 PM   #2
andrewstill
macrumors newbie

same thing is happening to me and i have no idea what to do because i tried everything the apple forums said and it still gives me the error message wtf
andrewstill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 04:10 AM   #3
ssowy
macrumors newbie

Try this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1747?viewlocale=en_US

I had the same dataclass problem and this worked for me.
ssowy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 08:21 PM   #4
vakanderson
macrumors newbie

iTunes 8.2.1 fixed it for me

Had tried all the tips on my Leopard iMac, and it wasn't until 8.2.1 that it started working.
vakanderson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 06:13 AM   #5
nixie1094
macrumors newbie

easier then it seems

I just ran into this problem and after serching for the answer on google i started stressing out thinking im going to have to reload my iphone and re sync everything but before you do what i was about to do...try the following! the simplest thing possible that is a long shot but for some reason worked for me; unplug the device, shut itunes, restart the device, re-open itunes and try to sync one more time before you get technical, you may be verry suprised as i just was!
nixie1094 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:16 PM   #6
gikku
macrumors regular

argh! iPad kills iTunes, now iPhone doesn't sync anymore either.

activated iPad and killed iTunes now i get
"iTunes was unable to load dataclass information from Sync Services"
when trying to sync iphone, ipad.

no end of rebooting, reinstalling Apple Mobile Device Service, downgrading to iTunes 9.1, 8.2 back to 9.1.1 seems to work.
No more sync for me.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:09 AM   #7
Clete2
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssowy View Post
Try this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1747?viewlocale=en_US

I had the same dataclass problem and this worked for me.
I hate to bump, but I wanted to confirm that this worked for me as well.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 01:41 PM   #8
thisgarryhas2rs
macrumors newbie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete2 View Post
If you recently added your device as a "Development" device in Xcode, that might be the reason. I just added my device and got that error. When I removed my device from the Xcode Organizer and it started working again.

Hope that helps.
thisgarryhas2rs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:24 PM   #9
BugDave
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to BugDave Send a message via AIM to BugDave Send a message via Yahoo to BugDave
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete2 View Post
me three!
BugDave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:02 AM   #10
tbox
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugDave View Post
me three!
I did not get the same happy result after removing the device from the new x-code organizer. Both of my devices initiate the same error message in iTunes 'unable to load data class information from sync services' This error is displayed 10 secs after plugging in the device to a USB port. very odd....
tbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:54 AM   #11
BugDave
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to BugDave Send a message via AIM to BugDave Send a message via Yahoo to BugDave
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbox View Post
I did not get the same happy result after removing the device from the new x-code organizer. Both of my devices initiate the same error message in iTunes 'unable to load data class information from sync services' This error is displayed 10 secs after plugging in the device to a USB port. very odd....
I guess my post wasn't clear :-/ I followed ssowy's recommendation as did Clete2 who I was saying me three too. Here is what ssowy said
BugDave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2011, 03:56 AM   #12
tbox
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugDave View Post
I guess my post wasn't clear :-/ I followed ssowy's recommendation as did Clete2 who I was saying me three too. Here is what ssowy said
ok, issue resolved after 8 reboots using the info on http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3540
Old Mar 25, 2011, 01:41 PM   #13
jason1790
macrumors member

If you go to the Apple link above and follow all the steps will it delete any of my Music, videos, apps, etc?

jason1790 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2011, 06:13 AM   #14
tbox
macrumors newbie

it may wipe your own short term memory clean but it won't touch your music.
;-)
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:07 AM   #15
Nathe
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbox View Post
ok, issue resolved after 8 reboots using the info on http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3540
This link fixed it for me also, thanks, that was driving me nuts!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:40 PM   #16
Jethrotoe
macrumors regular

Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisgarryhas2rs View Post
If you recently added your device as a "Development" device in Xcode, that might be the reason. I just added my device and got that error. When I removed my device from the Xcode Organizer and it started working again.

Hope that helps.
Well, it seems like I'm having a similar problem as some here but a little different.

I just installed an upgrade to Xcode and I'm getting the '...unable to load data class info...' error when syncing my iPhone. It was previously listed as a development device and remained listed after the upgrade.

Here is where my situation differs. I can sync. New pod casts load and all. What it won't do is backup. It tries to backup first, fails, and I get the stated error. I click OK and then syncing resumes and completes. I do get an additional error stating backup failed at the end.

I tried removing the device from Organizer as you mentioned but there is no change with the problem.

I checked out a few of the links in this thread but they seem to slant towards an iTunes problem where mine seems to have been generated from Xcode.

Sure could use some help here or some ideas to try. Perhaps a Dev that knows Xcode better than I do. Tks.

[EDIT]
I fixed my problem following these instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1747

My problem was from an Xcode upgrade but fixed with an iTunes re-install.
I still have to add my devices (iPhone and iPad) as a development devices. Hope it doesn't happen again.

BTW, for anyone with this problem that is hesitant to delete and re-install iTunes, the method I used (see link) preserved everything, ie. music, pod casts, etc. I never had to do this and was uncertain but it works well.

Last edited by Jethrotoe; Apr 1, 2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Update
Jethrotoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:27 AM   #17
deadkennedy
macrumors 6502

Just to add that this issue is still not resolved as of April 2011, which is roughly two years from the start of this thread.

I managed to solve the issue by following this 76 step instructions to uninstall iTunes - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1224, and trying again.

Funny, I never had this problem with iPhone 3GS on Windows. Makes me want to put "Everything just works" in my sig line.
deadkennedy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2011, 06:44 PM   #18
thanson
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadkennedy View Post
Just to add that this issue is still not resolved as of April 2011, which is roughly two years from the start of this thread.

I managed to solve the issue by following this 76 step instructions to uninstall iTunes - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1224, and trying again.
Just fyi this solution worked for me too.

Brand new iPad2, sync'd with a Mac Mini with Xcode 4 installed..
thanson is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting