Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:07 AM   #1
lawicko
macrumors member

Application localization

Hi, I'm new to iPhone programming, and to this forum, so first of all - hi all

I need some help with localizing my app. I know how localization works for .string files, and this part of my project is done and working. However I also have to localize one .xib file, and this is the reason why I came here.

I created localizations for my .xib file, but when I init it with initWithNibName method it always loads default English localization In order to use localized strings I use NSLocalizedString macro, so my guess is that I may have to use similar trick here, but unfortunately I cannot find anything about this issue in documentation. Any suggestions greatly appreciated
lawicko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 09:33 AM   #2
lawicko
macrumors member

Ok, I found out what was the problem For reasons unknown to me, the mainBundle didn't recognize my .xib file as localized. What helped was Build->Clean After that I built my project again and localization worked fine
Old Aug 18, 2008, 05:03 AM   #3
toprobin
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawicko View Post
Ok, I found out what was the problem For reasons unknown to me, the mainBundle didn't recognize my .xib file as localized. What helped was Build->Clean After that I built my project again and localization worked fine
hi can you help me localize in bangla for bangladesh. just tell me what help you need for that.
thanx
toprobin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 03:21 AM   #4
lawicko
macrumors member

I don't understand what you mean What's the problem?
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:55 AM   #5
toprobin
macrumors newbie

I want to localize my iphone. as im bangladeshi there for im trying to localize it to bangla. problem is i dont have windows pc to open .artwork and is any one can guide me for that. i will happy to localize my i phone.

thanx
toprobin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 02:56 AM   #6
lawicko
macrumors member

I really don't know what are you talking about, you don't need any windows pc to localize your app. And I've never heard of .artwork thing

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming