Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
hey guys i just looked on my account and saw an "iPhone 3G tracking" as a feature on my iPhone. do they actually track our phones every movement or every time we use it?

geekmommy4

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Texas
Interesting...it's on mine, too. I couldn't find any explanation on the AT&T website.

Edit: I found this information on another forum that explains some features on the 3G plan:

The UMTS auto attach is just giving you access to the 3g internet. UMTS is 3g.

Upgrade tracking code goes on the 3g and 2g iphone. It just shows at&t that you upgraded your phone. It's also (I think) what is letting the old 2g customers get their new iphones at the discounted price.

Iphone 3g trkg is just telling at&t that you got a 3g iphone.

ASN21

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
On your guys accounts does it have the data plan listed under features or does it ask you if you want to add it (i.e. $45, $30 plan). On my account it asks me if I want to add it and does not show up under features. TRKG does and so does UMTS.

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
On your guys accounts does it have the data plan listed under features or does it ask you if you want to add it (i.e. $45, $30 plan). On my account it asks me if I want to add it and does not show up under features. TRKG does and so does UMTS.
oh sorry dude i didnt see it..
on mine it gives me the option for the 45 dollar one but its an enterprise for business plans so i dont touch it
im not sure if i answered your question. maybe a little clarification might help me

ASN21

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
oh sorry dude i didnt see it..
on mine it gives me the option for the 45 dollar one but its an enterprise for business plans so i dont touch it
im not sure if i answered your question. maybe a little clarification might help me

does your account have the $30 plan on it...or does it ask you if you want to add it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.