Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigfried

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
The UK online store is FULL of MPs on offer...they can't shift them fast enough.....

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
They might be on for the 22nd refresh, but I'm still very skeptical.

We'll have to wait and see. :D

iknowgungfu

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
What are these offers? I can't see any on the UK store. There does seem to be quite a few Refurbs on their though (MBPs).

Fingers crossed for me. However, I know I am new the the forums but couldn't this have been put into one of the existing threads?

Yixian

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
Europe
Why wouldn't this just be tons of paranoid new MBP owners returning their new laptops after hearing about this nVidia card defect issue?

I mean, Apple don't "produce" the refurbs themselves, the refurb store is returned Apple products.

iknowgungfu

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
Precisely. These threads are getting frustrating. I click each one in case there is a real development and am left disappointed.

But the little voice in my head constantly says there's no smoke without fire....

markrivers

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Stevenson Ranch, California
wow!
this is a really informative thread..
thanks to the OP!
now we are for sure, as the sun will rise tom..
that the new MBP is really near..:D

oh wait... i just viewed 15 other threads like this! with the same information, the same assumptions and nothing NEW to offer..:mad:

i'm now going to read the NEXT NEW threads started seconds ago.... and you guessed it, the titles are:

Montevina MBP is here!
new MBP this Tuesday!
the next MBP last week of july!
the next MBP first week of August!
my Friend who works at apple store told me the new MBP are here!
my friend who works at Best buy saw the inventory, new MBPs coming!

and this keeps going and going!
if only i am still 10 yrs old and have the luxury of TIME to waste:rolleyes:

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Threads like this do NOT belong in the MacBook Pro, PowerBook forums. They belong here:

MacRumors' Page 2 News Discussion (47 Viewing)
unknown reliability, lesser rumors, or speculation

According to the Forum Rules:

"... Post a new thread in the proper forum. ..."

Sometimes it's hard to decide which forum to post in. This thread has to do with a macbook pro. Why not post here?

Although I would like to point out...most of these threads that speculate about a new MBP coming out, deserve more appropriate titles. No one knows how to make an informative title that reflects the subject of the thread and does not mislead readers unfortunately.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Sometimes it's hard to decide which forum to post in. This thread has to do with a macbook pro. Why not post here?

Although I would like to point out...most of these threads that speculate about a new MBP coming out, deserve more appropriate titles. No one knows how to make an informative title that reflects the subject of the thread and does not mislead readers unfortunately.

If it has to do with hardware or software issues on a MacBook Pro, it belongs here. If it has to do with speculation or wondering when a new model might come out, it belongs in MacRumors' News Discussion. A more appropriate thread title would be "Is the new MacBook Pro coming out soon?", since the current title makes it sound like the OP has definite news of something, which they don't.

markrivers

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Stevenson Ranch, California

unfortunately, the newbie's and even the oldies don't bother reading the forum rules and regulations... at all..
worst.. they don't even bother to check the SEARCH engine for answer..

how many threads have we seen " new MBP coming"
or my next favorite" HELP, Spilled coffee/tea/water/blood/juice/semen on my MBP what shall i do?

the World will be a better place... and there will be WORLD Peace if we give SEARCH" a chance

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
If it has to do with hardware or software issues on a MacBook Pro, it belongs here. If it has to do with speculation or wondering when a new model might come out, it belongs in MacRumors' News Discussion. A more appropriate thread title would be "Is the new MacBook Pro coming out soon?", since the current title makes it sound like the OP has definite news of something, which they don't.

Since you seem to know all the answers..can you help me out with this one?

I wanted to find out people's opinions on the Iomega Ultramax 500gb harddrive. After I searched for related topics (with no beneficial information), I wanted to post to ask people for buying advice. So where should this post go? In the buying tips and advice section? Or the Mac peripherals section?

All I am saying is that it is hard to discern where topics go sometimes, based on how this forum is structured. No need to pounce every time someone mistakenly posts something somewhere.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Since you seem to know all the answers..can you help me out with this one?

I wanted to find out people's opinions on the Iomega Ultramax 500gb harddrive. After I searched for related topics (with no beneficial information), I wanted to post to ask people for buying advice. So where should this post go? In the buying tips and advice section? Or the Mac peripherals section?

All I am saying is that it is hard to discern where topics go sometimes, based on how this forum is structured. No need to pounce every time someone mistakenly posts something somewhere.

If it was me, I would try:

Recent forum posts on the subject, found by using MRoogle search.

MR Guide to Hard Drives, including external drives

Google search for Iomega UltraMax 500 user reviews

If you still don't find what you want, I'd post a new thread under:

Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion
advice, waiting, talk about what to buy

with a title like "Iomega UltraMax 500GB drive experiences?" or something similar, so people can tell from the title of your thread whether or not they have anything useful to contribute.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.