Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 18, 2008, 10:51 AM   #1
darkpegasus
macrumors newbie

UIBarButtonItem Image not showing

I have a UIBarButtonItem that I am trying to create with initWithImage. However, whenever I run the app I get a small button with a blank white box instead of the image. Am I missing something?

UIBarButtonItem *myToolbarItem = [[[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithImage:[UIImage imageNamed:@"myImage.png"]
style:UIBarButtonItemStyleBordered
target:self
action:nil] autorelease];
darkpegasus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 02:11 PM   #2
grimjim
macrumors member

This snippet of the UIBarButtonItem documentation might have some bearing on it:
Quote:
The alpha values in the source image are used to create the images—opaque values are ignored
So, if your image is rectangular and opaque, all you will see is the rectangle. Try using an image with an alpha channel, and you should get better results.
grimjim is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming