Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12GA

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
Upstate NY
Occassionally my 1st gen iPhone will receive a phone call and the display will read "Blocked". Is this the result of the caller having done something to block identification of their number, or some feature of ATT? :confused:

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Occassionally my 1st gen iPhone will receive a phone call and the display will read "Blocked". Is this the result of the caller having done something to block identification of their number, or some feature of ATT? :confused:
It's either the caller manually blocking the number, or the caller calling from a private number.

My cell phone number has been private for the almost 11 years I've had it. I have *82 in front of all my contact numbers, but if I just dial direct, it would show as blocked or private.

It was that way when I got my first cell phone, and since I've been with Verizon ever since, I've kept it that way.

I can't remember the code to block non-private numbers, but it's the same format: *xx.

ubersalad

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008

*67 from land line.

Next time, try Yahoo Answers...they have answers to these types of questions.

viggen61

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
New Jersey

Sometimes it's a setting on the phone, sometimes it's a feature you can turn on with your carrier.

I can't see it on the iPhone tips site, but I dug it up here: Blocking your phone #.

:apple::apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.