Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Hello, when someone texts me while the phone is locked, i will only get a vibrate. it wont make the usual receive text sound. is this normal or can i do something about it?

Also, is there anyway to change the volume on the "glass" sound when receiving emails, please let me know, thanks!

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Double check to see if the notification is even on. Outside of that, a simple reset/restart of the iPhone should get it back.

TEG

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Double check to see if the notification is even on. Outside of that, a simple reset/restart of the iPhone should get it back.

TEG

yea the notification is on. it seems to be a problem on some phones as there is also a thread on the apple forums. can you please tell me how to reset the phone?

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
To reset, hold down the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until the phone shuts off and then the Apple logo comes back up.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
To reset, hold down the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until the phone shuts off and then the Apple logo comes back up.

thanks, do you guys know how to change the volume on the mail received sound? i need to make it louder if that is possible, thanks in advance!

showtime

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2007
is it tied to the volume of the phone? Just turn up the ringer volume and everything should be louder

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
is it tied to the volume of the phone? Just turn up the ringer volume and everything should be louder

thanks for the tip but in general everything is on the highest volume.

for my macbook i went into the system and changed the volume, is there anyway to do the same with my iPhone? TIA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.