Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 19, 2008, 02:29 AM   #1
winninganthem
macrumors 6502a

Draw Chinese Characters to look it up in a dictionary

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was an iPod Touch app where you can draw chinese characters onto the screen and the program would recognize your strokes and tell you what character you drew and tell you its definition.

I looked around a bit, and found this app, but it says that it requires the iPod to be jailbroken.

So I am looking for a program with the same functionality as that, but preferably something that does not require me to jailbreak my iPod. I have already looked at Apple's App store but couldn't find anything that would let me actually draw the characters.

Thanks very much in advance .
winninganthem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 08:30 PM   #2
ngmmac
macrumors newbie

RE: Draw Chinese Characters to look it up in a dictionary

It's already built into the OS, just go to the settings and turn on Chinese as a language. Then there will be a globe (I believe) on the keyboard that will allow you to toggle between an english keyboard, chinese character recognition and pinyin.
ngmmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch