Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I just sync'd over to my new iPhone. All of my music has album art in iTunes on my PC, but when it all went over to my phone, some albums randomly are not showing up? I checked one album that was present on my computer and I infact had the actual album art saved on my PC [it wasn't looked up on iTunes].

What gives?

matthews

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Same thing happened to me.

Go into your iPhone's music in iTunes
Select all tracks from an album missing the artwork on the phone
Right click / Get Info
Paste the artwork into the little artwork box.

After doing that, the artwork shows up on the phone now.
It's still odd you have to do this in the first place, though.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Same thing happened to me.

Go into your iPhone's music in iTunes
Select all tracks from an album missing the artwork on the phone
Right click / Get Info
Paste the artwork into the little artwork box.

After doing that, the artwork shows up on the phone now.
It's still odd you have to do this in the first place, though.
so the ones that are missing I simply gotta repaste it in again, and then SYNC with my iPhone?

matthews

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
No no, go directly to your iPhone's music in the iTunes sidebar.

Then right click / get info on the tracks that are actually on the iPhone that are missing the artwork.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
No no, go directly to your iPhone's music in the iTunes sidebar.

Then right click / get info on the tracks that are actually on the iPhone that are missing the artwork.

Sorry, I still don't get what you mean. I have my iPhone connected. But in iTunes [on my PC] I can't go into my Phones music, only the library thats on my computer???

Thanks for your help btw.

thor79

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
Chicago, IL
Make sure your album art is applied to each song in every album....otherwise it will only show up on the tracks you selected. This is how I did it with all my mp3's at least.

matthews

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Sorry, I still don't get what you mean. I have my iPhone connected. But in iTunes [on my PC] I can't go into my Phones music, only the library thats on my computer???

Thanks for your help btw.

Do you have your iPhone set so you can manually manage music?
You may need to do that first if you're set to automatic syncing right now for music.

Then you should be able to click on the music library of your iPhone in the sidebar

Here's an image showing the music tab I'm talking about directly under my iPhone's name.

tunes.jpg

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
Here's another odd little iTunes problem along these lines. I can have one cover art on my Mac and when I sync music it'll load different cover art on the phone. How does that happen?

WHassinger

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2010
I'm having the same issue with incorrect album art on the iPhone. It's really weird! On my computer (Mac, running Tiger), the album art is fine. On the phone, after a synch or two, it starts coming up with seemingly random artwork for various albums and my podcasts. Weirder still, it'll be the same wrong artwork across an entire album. And it won't be the SAME wrong artwork after I synch again.

Anyone know where this is coming from?

fitzaer

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
Wrong artwork

I started having the same problems on my iPod Touch.
I had a playlist with incorrect album artwork for the first song.
I unchecked the playlist, synced the Touch, rechecked the playlist, then resynced the Touch.
The first song now shows the right album artwork, but the last one shows the wrong album artwork.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
I'm getting sick and tired of these m************ bugs in my m************ phone.

Is it iTunes or iPod?!

I started having album artwork problem when I got my iPhone 4 and upgraded iTunes and upgraded iOS... all at the release of the iOS and iTunes version right after the iPhone 4's release.

Here's the problem exactly. Any single song that is altered in any way, (song name, start time, artist name) causes a huge fumblef*** with how it's displayed on the iPhone after a sync.

Either the artwork will be blank, (default for missing artwork) or it will be from another random album!

I apply artwork to every single individual album in iTunes and still...

Another issue I'm having is that song start times are just as ****** **********! I have about 20 songs that have custom start times in iTunes and so work on the iPhone. However, for some reason, the start times apply in weird ways to almost every song!

Somehow Apple's monkehs has borked their means of identifying songs and is causing a conflict with how settings and information applies to them.

Is there any word if the new iTunes and new iOS addresses this at all? Or shall I continue testing Steve's junk filter... <.<

A Mac Dude

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2011
I had this problem on the iphone.

There was alway one album that was appearing the most... so I deleted it in itunes, re-synced and checked out the phone.

Then another piece of album art started appearing throughout the library on the iphone.
So I deleted that artwork in itunes.

Then another album artwork started appearing.
So I deleted that artwork in itunes.

After a few more deletes in itunes artwork..... the problem went away for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.