Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrentT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
My application has switched from "under review" to "pending contract". What does this actually mean? I have filled out everything I can find on the iTunesConnect site. Is there anything else I need to do, or do I just wait?

BrentT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
What does it say under the contract section in iTunesConnect?

I've got green checks across the board except in the Setup Complete column of the Your Contracts in Process area.

Is there something else I need to do?

iphoneGuy

macrumors member
I asked apple and got the following response:

Thank you for your e-mail. Though the app has been approved, it looks like the contract clearance/setup is still pending.

FYI - For a contract setup to be complete and cleared to sell content (we call that "In Effect"), each contract must complete 2 parts of setup:

1. Legal processing (where you click through and agree to the various agreements)

2. Banking & Tax info setup (banking/tax info entered into systems, accounts verified, payments setup, reports generation setup etc.)

Once part 1 is complete (which it is for your contracts), you can begin delivering Apps through iTunes Connect. However, the content will not go live unless step 2 is also complete.

Please note: every time new app is uploaded, it must clear review. You can follow the status of your app review in the "Manage Your Applications" section of iTunes Connect.

Part 2 and the app review are not automated processes. Because they are done manually, they can take several days/weeks depending on the volume of items in their queue.

Once both parts of setup and the review are complete, any content that has been cleared for sale should appear in the iTunes Store. Your continued patience is greatly appreciated, and we hope to have good news for you soon.

whosyourtator

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
Been waiting on Contract Approval Since 7/13

I have been waiting on Contract Approval since 7/13. I have all green checkmarks except for "Setup Complete". My app has been in "Pending Contract" since 7/15. I've sent numerous emails to devprograms@apple.com with no response.

Anyone else in "Pending Contract" and how long?

HairyPotter

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2007
2 months and counting

I am on the pending contract limbo for 2 months... It is very frustrating. Apple has to do something if it wants us to develop.

robertdx

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2008
I am on the pending contract limbo for 2 months... It is very frustrating. Apple has to do something if it wants us to develop.

I don't even know how to check on the status of my application. I've seen that they charged my credit card months ago but I still haven't heard anything from Apple. Its frustrating. I'd ask for my money back but then I'm afraid I'd lose my place in line. Plus, I can't do any real testing on my iPhone until I get approved for access (no provisioning profile). This development process is awful.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I don't even know how to check on the status of my application. I've seen that they charged my credit card months ago but I still haven't heard anything from Apple.

If they charged your credit card they should have sent you different 2 emails, one with instructions. Hunt for them in your inbox and spam folders. If you didn't get them, better call them up for an email resend, since you can't do anything with those emails.

"Pending Contract" may mean your bank hasn't replied to Apple's requests for verification and access to direct deposit into the account you gave them. You could call your bank to check on this, and make sure you gave Apple the all the correct information.

2pacy

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2008
Sorry to raise this old topic again.

I'm finding myself in the same situation... But something it's not clear to me: Was your contract pending, the FREE APPS one? or the PAID APPS one?

I have both of them pending for SETUP COMPLETE.

I thought that free apps contract was setup straight away, so that's why I am asking you this question. I would be grateful if you could reply.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.