Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
This happens not to often but sometimes if I'm listen to music or watching a movie and I swipe my finger a certain way on the screen I get the apple volume icon.

it would take me forever to find a way to get it back and snap a pic so heres a image from google.

volume-overlay.gif

Ignore the mac OSX 10.1 in the background. I'm talking about the volume control icon

anyone know why this happens?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
yes, it's because apple is lazy. This glitch has existed since the iPod touch was first introduced. What firmware are you running? anyway it's just a left over icon from the iPhone (this appears when you adjust volume using the buttons on the side of the phone) and a glitch in the iPod brings it up.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.PNG
    IMG_0008.PNG
    106.2 KB · Views: 114

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
yes, it's because apple is lazy. This glitch has existed since the iPod touch was first introduced. What firmware are you running? anyway it's just a left over icon from the iPhone (this appears when you adjust volume using the buttons on the side of the phone) and a glitch in the iPod brings it up.

Not a glitch, and it's not leftover, It's for when the iPod is connected to the Universal Dock and when you use the remote to change the volume that comes up.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Not a glitch, and it's not leftover, It's for when the iPod is connected to the Universal Dock and when you use the remote to change the volume that comes up.

Well that may be true, but you can bring it up through a glitch. If you double tap the home button and you adjust the volume and continue to move the volume control, then tap the home button or the close button often times that graphic appears. That's what I did to get that attached picture.

qacjared

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Well that may be true, but you can bring it up through a glitch. If you double tap the home button and you adjust the volume and continue to move the volume control, then tap the home button or the close button often times that graphic appears. That's what I did to get that attached picture.

Those instructions reset my spring-broad!

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Utah

Well, it's sort of a glitch. There are just different ways to bring it up without the dock.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
There are already several posts discussing this topic already, but none have listed the pointers you gave on how to make it appear. Thanks! :)

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
it's actually easier to do on the Slide to Unlock screen. just double tap the home button, move the volume slider and simultaneously press the home button twice. But you can't take screenshots on that screen for some reason.

how do u take a screenshot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.