Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:09 PM   #1
callummc
macrumors newbie

MP4s not copying to ipod classic

Hi I've got 21 mp4s that are just refusing to go onto my ipod classic, I get the error these videos could not be copied to my ipod because they cannot be played blablabla

I thought ipods could play mp4s?

Then I tried converting them in itunes and it came out with just a white screen with audio.. no good
callummc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:15 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Each iPod can play MP4s and M4Vs, but only up to a certain bitrate and resolution, if it is beyond that you have to reconvert them. FFMPEG may be your best bet to convert them, as it has presets for iPod 5G, iPod Classic, iPod nano, iPod touch, and iPhone.

TEG
Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:16 PM   #3
techlover828
macrumors 68020

try isquint, use the ipod format.
techlover828 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:18 PM   #4
mariotheotaku
macrumors regular

Try VisualHub: http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

I also had the same trouble as you and bought this software and my problem was solved, very fast too compared to toast titanium and quicktime pro.
mariotheotaku is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:20 PM   #5
techlover828
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariotheotaku View Post
Try VisualHub: http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

I also had the same trouble as you and bought this software and my problem was solved, very fast too compared to toast titanium and quicktime pro.
yes visual hub and isquint are made by the same company, isquint is the free, basic app, which is why I suggested. If you want more options and resolutions go for visual hub.
techlover828 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod