Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Packersfan27

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Hi,

I can't change my lock screen wallpaper.I got to my pohotos or the settings photos and hit "set as wallpaper" and when I go check out the wallpaper its the same one as before (for some reason its a leaf with water on it). This happened sometime a few months back when first using customize. It wasn't really a big deal then but when a restored a few days ago for 2.0 the wallpaper stayed the same. How would my ipod touch remember the "locked wallpaper" through a restore? It's very weird.

How do I change the wallpaper?

Thanks

Packersfan27

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Beto, that's a link back to this thread :p.

I haven't found anyways that you can do without JB. With JB you can SSH into your ipod and delete the file or your could install an application called Kate and I heard using that you can change it.

spawn7008

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2009
Solution:

I had the same issue. While Ipod is plugged in and itunes is running do the following:
1. Hold down power button and menu button simultaneously.
2. When Apple Logo appears, let go of power button. Keep holding menu down.
3. When connect to itunes logo appears, hit restore from itunes. This will completely wipe your entire ipod and fix this home-screen lockout wallpaper issue.

P.S. I have had this issue for about a year and just figured this out and thought maybe it could help some of you guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.