Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:38 PM   #1
jezabit
macrumors newbie

QuickTime cannot open the file

I've accidently deleted a file from xtorrent and I need to retrieve it and resume the download....I can't start all over again because I can't find the website.
When I go to quicktime and try to open the file I was downloading, a message says:
"QuickTime cannot open the file:
a necessary data reference could not be resolved (-2000)"
Is there a way I could resolve this data reference? [Maybe if I can find the file and add it back to xtorrent, it will start downloading again.] Or can I get xtorrent to find it? Or somehow find the torrent file by searching my computer for the name of the website[I'd know it if I saw it]...AAArgh!
I've looked around and apparently if you can find the little 8kb torrent file and add it to xtorrent, or find the same website then it just starts downloading from where it left off...
Any help much appreciated of-course. I've got file salvage working on it but it's taken nearly two weeks already.
jezabit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:49 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

It sounds like QuickTime can't open the file, because it's only a fraction of a file, since the download didn't complete. You can try to find the file again and see if the download will resume. If it doesn't, your only option is to delete the file and start over.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help