iPhone will not connect to 3G network - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:11 AM   #1
cooldaddybeck
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to cooldaddybeck
iPhone will not connect to 3G network

So, my wife's iPhone works like a charm. Full signal, says "3G" next to the signal indicator. It will also show "E" for Edge connections.

My iPhone, right next to hers, has 1 bar or no signal and I have not yet seen it connect to 3G. No Edge indicator either, and I am unable to access any email/internet content unless I am on WiFi.

Is anyone familiar with this? Do I need to go get my iPhone swapped?

tx

****EDIT****

I'm on the phone with Apple/AT&T, here's what happened:

My iPhone did not have the iPhone data plan attached to it, therefore preventing it from accessing 3G and (apparently) Edge.

They are changing that now and I should be up and running shortly. I'll post a follow up in a bit.

Last edited by cooldaddybeck; Jul 23, 2008 at 12:03 PM.
cooldaddybeck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:13 AM   #2
montecarloss919
macrumors member

Call AT&T

I had the same problem, at ask them for a booster? idk what that means but it worked...or you could bring it to the store and have them check the sim card...it could be faulty
montecarloss919 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:15 AM   #3
cooldaddybeck
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarloss919 View Post
I had the same problem, at ask them for a booster? idk what that means but it worked...or you could bring it to the store and have them check the sim card...it could be faulty
Is the booster something they do virtually or a physical device to pick up at the store?

thanks,

cdb
Old Jul 23, 2008, 12:26 PM   #4
cooldaddybeck
macrumors member

All better. Adding the data plan to my iPhone, which I was told was added upon activation, took care of the issue.

:0)

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting