Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Halon X
macrumors regular

Time Capsule - Adding USB Drive with existing data

I need to add some additional storage space to my Time Capsule.

I've already got a 1TB USB drive with about 400GB of data on it. Can I simply plug it in and make the disk and existing data accessible through Time Capsule or does it perform some sort of format to the disk?

Just trying to determine if I can use what I already have or if I need to go out and purchase another disk?
Halon X is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:56 AM   #2
Halon X
macrumors regular

Just found the answer to my own question.

I tested with an old USB drive I had laying around, plugged it into the Time Capsule and the drive was made available and the data accessible via the network.
Halon X is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals