Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jul 26, 2008, 01:07 PM   #1
Sideonecincy
Banned

Deployment Question

I know this isn't Apple networking related, but I am trying to do a MTD 2008 Lite Touch deployment of Vista onto a small network. I am able to get the vista image to boot onto a test machine and the applications I want will install, with user interaction. The problem is, I need them to install silently and I can't figure out how to do it. Anyone have experience with silent installs?

Also, I am new to scripting, and am looking for a VBScript book for beginners designed towards networking people. I looked on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles and Borders with no luck. If anyone happens to know of a decent book, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Sideonecincy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 08:01 PM   #2
hiddenpremise
macrumors regular

I don't have to much experience on the windows side of deployment, but I bet powershell might help you. You can do a decent amount of scripting through powershell, maybe not as much as in bash, but it is supposed to be decent. There might be a msi command line utility that you can script to install all msi compliant installers silently
hiddenpremise is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking