Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 26, 2008, 10:23 PM   #1
bigtar
macrumors member

Ringtones reset to default

I keep trying to set ringtones on iPhone 3G, but the keep reseting to Default. I'm not sure if it an iPhone problem, or a Mobile me sync problem. Either way, if anyone has a fix, let me know.
bigtar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 01:24 PM   #2
gtullis
macrumors newbie

Same Boat

I am in the same boat and have no idea how to fix. Still searching will post when its found.
gtullis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2011, 02:03 PM   #3
buhusky
macrumors newbie

I found a solution to this problem that may help you. I had this problem for all three of my iphones (3g, 3gs, and 4). The problem was my exchange account. I had all my contacts in my exchange account and they were being read from there. No contacts where stored on the iphone (All on My iPhone group). When I did an iOS upgrade or made changes to the exchange account on the iphone it would resync everything and erase my ringtones. I assume this is because exchange has no reason to store that information, therefore, there is no field or placeholder for it. So all my exchange contacts would be there but the ringtones would reset to default. I also noticed after upgrades that my contact pictures were degraded, probably because it was pulling the small resolution pics from exchange. Anyway, I moved all my contacts to the iphone and turned off my exchange contacts. I haven't had a problem since. I assume mobileme works the same but I'm not sure. Hope this helps.
buhusky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 02:03 PM   #4
alharkansas
macrumors newbie

Other Solutions?

Does anyone have a fix that does not include turning off sync with Exchange? I keep all of my contacts in exchange, so turning it off is not an option for me.

Thanks in advance!
alharkansas is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting