Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael13

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Rockland County NY
I am using dyndns and dydns updater to setup an ftp server through a router. I've tried everything I know (which is not much cause i don't know much about this stuff). Any links or something tips etc. to help me would be appreciated. Thank you.

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
I am using dyndns and dydns updater to setup an ftp server through a router. I've tried everything I know (which is not much cause i don't know much about this stuff). Any links or something tips etc. to help me would be appreciated. Thank you.

You need to allow the port to come through your router. Its usually on a tab called Port Range Forward. You would then need to forward the FTP Port which is 21 to the ip address of your server. This will be the same for anything that you do such as SSH, VNC, etc.

I would help you posted the make and model of your router, as they are not all the same. Depending on the model I can walk you through the process.

-iGrant

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.