Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Jan 1, 2004, 04:47 AM   #1
heljy
macrumors member

Any recommendations for a bluetooth fone?

I have a Sony-Ericsson T68i but finds it limiting when working with Address Book. For example, i have no way to transfer pics of my contacts to the phone. Is there any fone that can allow you to do that?
heljy is offline   0
Old Jan 1, 2004, 06:08 AM   #2
donniedarko
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to donniedarko
Try the Nokia 3650. I had the t68i and this phone has much better reception. It is a little big and it might seem a little 'toyish'. However it is considered a 'smart phone', and I am finding it really useful. I actually got 50$ in hand for getting it with my provider Tmobile. I work in snowboard industry and am actually in europe right now and the phone works killer and Tmobile I find is the best service provider I have had. I had ATT w/ Mlife but it was not as streamlined. The 3650 also is isync compatible, and has email client that works good too... If you are rich!? you should rock the P900 by sony ericsson. Unbelievable phone. MP3, touchscreen, PDA, smartphone, camera, 1000 phone number capacity. Phone is more expensive but it next in line for me. the web site phonescoop.com rules for getting up on 411 about phones...hope this helps-
donniedarko is offline   0
Old Jan 1, 2004, 06:12 AM   #3
donniedarko
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to donniedarko
I forgot to answer your question- I don't do what you do with your phone but I have seen the 3650 do it-
donniedarko is offline   0
Old Jan 8, 2004, 02:10 PM   #4
bograt

Re: Any recommendations for a bluetooth fone?

Quote:
Originally posted by heljy
I have a Sony-Ericsson T68i but finds it limiting when working with Address Book. For example, i have no way to transfer pics of my contacts to the phone. Is there any fone that can allow you to do that?
P800 does it like a dream! On iSync! So I guess the P900 does it too

There is a table at the bottom of http://www.apple.com/isync/devices.html that gives this info too!
bograt is offline   0
Old Jan 8, 2004, 03:07 PM   #5
chmorley
macrumors 6502a

Thumbs up P800

I second that emotion--the P800 and iSync work great. I actually use my P800's wireless internet connection to connect with my Powerbook when I am on the road. It's a great phone.

The P900 looks like a slight improvement, but every review I have read says the price difference is not justified by the few additional or improved features. And if I had a gazillion dollars, I would probably buy one.

Chris
Old Jan 9, 2004, 02:26 AM   #6
Ryan1524
macrumors 65816

the top top top choice would definitely be the P900. but since you're using it with a PDA/notebook, then a Z600 will do nicely. the Z has everything the T61x/630 has, with the addition of stronger RF, better and bigger screen, and not so tiny keypad - which is very comfortable. nobody beats SE in connectivity. if you can wait, around april or may, it's rumored that there will be a T630/Z600 upgrade that will have 1.3 MP camera, video recording and playback, expandable memory, and other neat improvements. but if you want one now, get the P900 or the Z600 - depending on your budget.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 05:52 AM   #7
powerbookje
macrumors member

Z600 better screen???It has only 4096 colors compared to the 65k on the T6X0.
My advice: T6X0 . My gf has the Z600 and it is not a business phone. I have the P900 myself, great phone/PDA combo!!
powerbookje is offline   0
Old Jan 30, 2004, 04:31 AM   #8
g00gander
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to g00gander
I love my Sony Ericsson T610. When I'm in a jam (not near any Internet connection) I use the BlueTooth modem adapter with my Powerbook to gain access to the Net. Where ever I have cell phone service I am my own mobile hotspot using my T610.

It's a bit better then dialup but in a pinch it works just fine.

I'd recommend the T610 for that feature alone.
g00gander is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews