Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:24 PM   #1
vivithemage
macrumors 6502a

can you create folders on the Iphone 'home' screen?

I have seen this before I think, I have 10+ games id like to put in a folder, and 10+ apps I would like to put into a folder...is this possible, or do I need a mod?

I have a jailbroken/unlocked/activated 2.0 Iphone first gen.
vivithemage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:32 PM   #2
FSUSem1noles
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to FSUSem1noles
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivithemage View Post
I have seen this before I think, I have 10+ games id like to put in a folder, and 10+ apps I would like to put into a folder...is this possible, or do I need a mod?

I have a jailbroken/unlocked/activated 2.0 Iphone first gen.
You would definitely need a jailbreak app for that... I know when I had my 1st gen jailbroken, there was a "starburst or sunburst" app that did something similar.. not sure if they still have it around or if it works in 2.0..
Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:31 PM   #3
rayward
macrumors 65816

Without jailbreaking your iPhone, you can have up to 8 or 9 "home" screens, each with slots for 16 icons. You don't have to fill each screen with icons, so you can create one page for apps, one for games, one for webclips etc. That's what I've done.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:47 PM   #4
Geckotek
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayward View Post
Without jailbreaking your iPhone, you can have up to 8 or 9 "home" screens, each with slots for 16 icons. You don't have to fill each screen with icons, so you can create one page for apps, one for games, one for webclips etc. That's what I've done.
Yeah, but imagine the nuisance of scrolling to that 9th screen. A folder option would be better. Better yet, a shortcut to other screens!
Geckotek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:16 PM   #5
cazlar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckotek View Post
Better yet, a shortcut to other screens!
Not really what you had in mind, but you can at least avoid the swiping to get to the next screen by clicking directly on the dots at the bottom of the screen. Quickly tapping a few times is a bit faster than swiping to get a few pages over. But if you start to get more than 3/4 pages it is still fairly tedious and really needs a direct shortcut...
cazlar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 06:04 PM   #6
Lightbrazer
macrumors member

Yeah I think apple will change this in a future OS update. If you limit apps to 9 pages then thats only 144 apps minus any web links you put on a home page. If the app store is gonna have thousands I can see this filling up quick. I'm already on my 5th screen. I can't see them limiting the number of apps you can have via anything other than memory limits, otherwise they're limiting sales and they'd never want to do that.

I can't see why they don't make an itues esq folder system. I mean when you go to the app store on your phone there's only like 13 categories. When you purchase the app it could automatically go to the same folder on your phone as it was in the store.
Lightbrazer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 07:10 PM   #7
StingerT125
macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I only have three screens used so far but I can see that after having a few more how some kind of shortcut would really be nice.
StingerT125 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone