Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jul 28, 2008, 07:25 PM   #1
djrobsd
macrumors 6502a

Does TouchCopy REALLY work with 3g iPhone?

http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/

This program says it will let you copy music to and from, and the site says "now works with firmware 2.0 iphone".

Some other program I downloaded called "ImTOO Ipod Computer Transfer" does NOT work with 2.0 firmware, and made my iphone unusable as an Ipod, so I don't want to have to go through the hassle again if TouchCopy doesn't work.

Let me know if any of you have tried TouchCopy, it looks like a great way to get around Apple's limitation of only letting you copy music and videos from 1 registered itunes computer.
djrobsd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 06:33 PM   #2
operator207
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobsd View Post
http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/

This program says it will let you copy music to and from, and the site says "now works with firmware 2.0 iphone".

Some other program I downloaded called "ImTOO Ipod Computer Transfer" does NOT work with 2.0 firmware, and made my iphone unusable as an Ipod, so I don't want to have to go through the hassle again if TouchCopy doesn't work.

Let me know if any of you have tried TouchCopy, it looks like a great way to get around Apple's limitation of only letting you copy music and videos from 1 registered itunes computer.
I have not used it but on the front page it states: "Works with all models of iPod and iPhoneŽ." That to me means ANY ipod, and ANY iphone.

Then again, their website has some "issues": http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/tou...ort/index.html
On the right, the "download for PC" twice, one is an msi and the other is a dmg.

Email them. Its worth a try, and since you have to pay for this app, I would email then to make sure. If they are a decent company, they will reply back.
operator207 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:45 AM   #3
djrobsd
macrumors 6502a

Nope, doesn't work, tried it, doesn't see any songs on the iphone. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and be patient.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 05:30 AM   #4
MacMike10
Banned

Smile Worked for me....

It works on my iPhone 3GS but I had to update TouchCopy to the latest version - it was free to do that.
MacMike10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:08 PM   #5
djrobsd
macrumors 6502a

Wow, that only took a year and a half. I'll have to try it the next time I find I need to copy music to my iphone from another machine besides my macbook pro.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks