Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:50 PM   #1
vp719
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Fullbodyfilms

I was wondering if anyone's picked up the fullbodyfilms for the 3G instead of BodyGuardz/GhostArmor/IS etc.?

iLoung rated them pretty high as far as films go, I was thinking about picking them up but was wondering if anyone else had them first.

Thanks
vp719 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:10 PM   #2
mikeymike88
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I got a set and put them on. I think it looks great! I'll try to post some pictures within the next couple days.
mikeymike88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:13 PM   #3
badgerman
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike88 View Post
I got a set and put them on. I think it looks great! I'll try to post some pictures within the next couple days.
Mine arrived today (UK after ordering last Wednesday).

Any tips for application?
badgerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 01:46 PM   #4
heyp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
i was thinking about ordering this as well... is the screen protector like the power support crystal film? how's the quality? Does the back skin cover the chrome?
heyp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 01:48 PM   #5
SimplyBlue
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by vp719 View Post
I was wondering if anyone's picked up the fullbodyfilms for the 3G instead of BodyGuardz/GhostArmor/IS etc.?

iLoung rated them pretty high as far as films go, I was thinking about picking them up but was wondering if anyone else had them first.

Thanks
The set they sell is supposed to be the PowerCrystal front and BodyGuardz back.
SimplyBlue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 02:39 PM   #6
badgerman
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBlue View Post
The set they sell is supposed to be the PowerCrystal front and BodyGuardz back.
This is correct, you get the PS crystal and an antiglare screen. The antiglare is great and fits with a snug 1mm gap all round from the chrome besel.

The back is the same as BG/BSE/IS.

They cut the shapes out themselves.

The screen is a doddle to fit.

The back is the usual ball ache and is currently drying. It covers all the silver besel and right up to the edge with the front. It fits well with the side buttons, the headphone jack and power port are less snug.

It looks great and except at the corners you cant see it.

It feels great, much more grippy. I have taken a load of pics, but TBH they dont do it justice and mainly looks like a normal 3G. Will upload them later.

One thing to note they do say watch out for finger prints on the sticky side as this may show up on a white 3G.
badgerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 02:39 PM   #7
mchank
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
iLounge just posted a review:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...for-iphone-3g/

They say its the best out of all the body films so far.
mchank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 03:01 PM   #8
badgerman
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchank View Post
iLounge just posted a review:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...for-iphone-3g/

They say its the best out of all the body films so far.
Yep those pics are far clearer than mine.

Its all on now and looks and feels really good, makes it feel very high quality especially the antiglare screen. I've not noticed any loss in clarity with the antiglare.

$20.50 all in to UK and 5 working days for delivery.

Thumbs up to FBF from me.
badgerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 03:14 PM   #9
philgilder
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerman View Post
Yep those pics are far clearer than mine.

Its all on now and looks and feels really good, makes it feel very high quality especially the antiglare screen. I've not noticed any loss in clarity with the antiglare.

$20.50 all in to UK and 5 working days for delivery.

Thumbs up to FBF from me.
whats the screen protector like for bubbles?
i had a screen protector a few years ago on an old phone and it was very bubbly. i have an IS on my iphone, which is applied with liquid, but hate the back of the IS
__________________
SJ Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets So THATS why I have no money
philgilder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 03:48 PM   #10
badgerman
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgilder View Post
whats the screen protector like for bubbles?
i had a screen protector a few years ago on an old phone and it was very bubbly. i have an IS on my iphone, which is applied with liquid, but hate the back of the IS
The screen is perfect, no bubbles and was v easy to apply (seconds). Just needed to realign with sellotape (sticky back plastic). No liquid

The back also has no bubbles but applyed with liquid. Corners are OK, hopefully will be better with drying over night.

I think the main thing for me is the feel of both the screen and the back is imporved (to my suprise as it feel great out of the box) considerably than the naked 3G
badgerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:17 PM   #11
fastbite
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London
I find full body films rather embarrassing. Like covering your sofa with plastic. Get a case or not, but to wrap the entire iPhone in bubbles is just ridiculous.
__________________
If the movie is a turkey, stuff it! http://www.turkeyornot.com/
fastbite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:30 PM   #12
Next Tuesday
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Orlando,FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbite View Post
I find full body films rather embarrassing. Like covering your sofa with plastic. Get a case or not, but to wrap the entire iPhone in bubbles is just ridiculous.
The back of fullbodyfilms, which is bodyguardz, isnt very good at scratch protection. If u key it, it will leave the keyed indention in the film. IS on the other hand is scratch resistant. YOu can key it 100times in a row and it wont show anything at all. i would recommend the IS for the back and either the IS for the front or the antiglare screen which is rather good.
Next Tuesday is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:44 PM   #13
badgerman
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbite View Post
I find full body films rather embarrassing. Like covering your sofa with plastic. Get a case or not, but to wrap the entire iPhone in bubbles is just ridiculous.
No bubbles anywhere on mine. You can only see it up close in the rear corner.

It feels so much better in you hand texture wise than the naked 3g but still retains it's great shape. Don't know about protection, must be better than nothing. Obviousily not as good as dedicated case for protection but then loose the feel/look of it unless you like the holster yankey look.

Also am smudge free on the front and the back which is a big plus to me.
badgerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 04:12 AM   #14
iphone3guy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Ive had fullbodyfilms on my iphone, my ipod touch and have just got it for the iPhone 3G. I read about them on a different review website, which gave them the highest rankings out of all of them. Someone posted that IS (invisible shield) had better scratch protection?? its all the same type of film!(accept IS got the lowest ranking of the 3 top film brands!) lol and fullbodyfilms is scratch proof, ive sent mine down the stairs a couple times and i havent had any scratching. the other user who said it was embarrassing... the films are not visible! they look better than some goofy pink/orange/red or bulky plastic or rubber case... the films preserve the aesthetic qualities of the apple design while protecting it. It would be more embarrassing to have a scratched up iphone than one covered in a non-visable layer of plastic, which is rather easy to put on. For 17usd, its worth every cent. The other great film is NLU BodyGuards, a bit heavier on the wallet, but a good product, the screen film isnt as good as FBF though... but still a GREAT product!
iphone3guy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 04:42 AM   #15
badgerman
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphone3guy View Post
Ive had fullbodyfilms on my iphone, my ipod touch and have just got it for the iPhone 3G. I read about them on a different review website, which gave them the highest rankings out of all of them. Someone posted that IS (invisible shield) had better scratch protection?? its all the same type of film!(accept IS got the lowest ranking of the 3 top film brands!) lol and fullbodyfilms is scratch proof, ive sent mine down the stairs a couple times and i havent had any scratching. the other user who said it was embarrassing... the films are not visible! they look better than some goofy pink/orange/red or bulky plastic or rubber case... the films preserve the aesthetic qualities of the apple design while protecting it. It would be more embarrassing to have a scratched up iphone than one covered in a non-visable layer of plastic, which is rather easy to put on. For 17usd, its worth every cent. The other great film is NLU BodyGuards, a bit heavier on the wallet, but a good product, the screen film isnt as good as FBF though... but still a GREAT product!

+ 1. am suprised everyone posts about IS/BG/BSE all the time. Prob cos FBF website is a bit basic and they dont do any marketting or have distributer. Anyhow, not my prob, v happy with mine.
badgerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2008, 12:23 PM   #16
shush1
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Hi how can I get fullbody sent to the UK?
I need it delivered to the UK, can anyone elp?

Cheers
shush1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:48 PM   #17
m98evolution
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I installed the fullbodyfilms on my phone last week and it is still holding up great. I did the install in a steamy bathroom to keep the dust down and just took my time when applying the film. No bubbles at all. I used a nail clipper to trim the sides so they fit perfectly now. The finish is great and there is no "orange peel" effect. I had the Power Support anti-glare film before and the one included in the FBF set is identical and is great! Furthermore, the film helps my phone to fit perfectly in the SwtichEasy Neo that I use when I need more protection. Overall, after trying various film sets, the fullbodyfilms is the best IMHO. Just take your time and it should turn out great!
m98evolution is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC