Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:05 PM   #1
sactown
macrumors member

How do I change my app store login?

I entered my login name on my friends iphone so she could download a free game, and now that she has created her own itunes account, she wants to use her own account, but when she goes to download anything from the app store, my account name is already entered, and I can't seem to figure out how to enter a different acount. Any suggestions? Thanks.
sactown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:25 PM   #2
newyorksole
macrumors 68000

She needs to plug in her iPhone to her computer and connect it to iTunes. Go to the iTunes Store and click Log In and she needs to log into her account and then sync the iPhone. After that, her account will be used for the Apps Store instead of yours.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:28 PM   #3
boshii
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown View Post
I entered my login name on my friends iphone so she could download a free game, and now that she has created her own itunes account, she wants to use her own account, but when she goes to download anything from the app store, my account name is already entered, and I can't seem to figure out how to enter a different acount. Any suggestions? Thanks.
You have to sync her iphone to her own itunes account on a computer.

1. Open up itunes and go to the itunes store.
2. Check the email address at the upper right hand corner of the screen.
3. If this is your email address, click it and tell her to put in her own itunes login info.
4. Sync iphone.

Now her itunes info will be stored on the iphone!
boshii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 02:24 AM   #4
SFStateStudent
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SFStateStudent Send a message via Yahoo to SFStateStudent Send a message via Skype™ to SFStateStudent
Just click on the name that is in the little silver box in the right hand corner of the iTunes Store Page. Click on Sign Out, then enter her own Apple ID and password and you both should be good to go...
Old Jul 29, 2008, 08:32 AM   #5
sactown
macrumors member

Thanks for the responses. I will give that a try
sactown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 09:59 AM   #6
patriickxxv
macrumors newbie

new iPhone user here.
i have the same question as with the thread starter, but I wonder if I sync my iPhone with a different PC, the apps that were previously installed will be erased?
patriickxxv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 10:26 AM   #7
steve10172
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriickxxv View Post
new iPhone user here.
i have the same question as with the thread starter, but I wonder if I sync my iPhone with a different PC, the apps that were previously installed will be erased?
Your iPhone can be "synced" to as many as 5 PCs/MACs.
No, you wont lose the apps.
steve10172 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 09:11 PM   #8
patriickxxv
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve10172 View Post
Thanks for that.
uhmm, anyway. How can I make an iTunes account if I don't have any credit card? As far as I know, iTunes asks for your credit card number??
patriickxxv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 02:49 AM   #9
phml.iphone
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown View Post
I have the same issue. Both my wife and I have the iphone3G. She did not have an itunes acct, so I used my login and password to download apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshii View Post
You have to sync her iphone to her own itunes account on a computer.

1. Open up itunes and go to the itunes store.
2. Check the email address at the upper right hand corner of the screen.
3. If this is your email address, click it and tell her to put in her own itunes login info.
4. Sync iphone.

Now her itunes info will be stored on the iphone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFStateStudent View Post
Just click on the name that is in the little silver box in the right hand corner of the iTunes Store Page. Click on Sign Out, then enter her own Apple ID and password and you both should be good to go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorksole View Post
She needs to plug in her iPhone to her computer and connect it to iTunes. Go to the iTunes Store and click Log In and she needs to log into her account and then sync the iPhone. After that, her account will be used for the Apps Store instead of yours.
OK...looks like a partial fix.

My wife has her own iTunes acct...and I did exactly as you 3 has said. When she download NEW apps on her iphone....her iTunes acct appears. GREAT!!! That's what we want.

BUT......

When there are updates to existing apps that needs to be downloaded to her iphone....my login appears....and its asked for my password. WHY?

Any help would be appreciated.
phml.iphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 01:03 PM   #10
tolfer7
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4

I just got the iPhone 4 and i wanted to get an app right away so i used a different account than mine and now even when i log into my itunes account on my computer and sync it, it still uses the account that i first used. I don't know if this is something unique to the new iphone but if someone could help me out thatd be great.
tolfer7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 01:05 PM   #11
tolfer7
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phml.iphone View Post
I have the same issue. Both my wife and I have the iphone3G. She did not have an itunes acct, so I used my login and password to download apps.

My wife has her own iTunes acct...and I did exactly as you 3 has said. When she download NEW apps on her iphone....her iTunes acct appears. GREAT!!! That's what we want.

BUT......

When there are updates to existing apps that needs to be downloaded to her iphone....my login appears....and its asked for my password. WHY?

your login appears because your account was the one that originally downloaded the app. If you want another account to appear you will have to delete the app and download it on the account that you want, otherwise whenever there are updates it will always use your account.
tolfer7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 01:13 PM   #12
saving107
macrumors 603

Settings> Store

saving107 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:55 AM   #13
rlment
macrumors newbie

change account on itunes store

Go to your app store app on your iphone
Tap on the featured section (bottom left)
Scroll all the way down and tap on the Account button
You can then sign out and sign back in whatever account you want
rlment is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:39 PM   #14
supermac96
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by phml.iphone View Post

BUT......

when you update an app it will ask for the password for whoever got the app, not whos iphone it is.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:51 AM   #15
sallymomo
macrumors newbie

I have this same issue and tried the acct information update via itunes store and had no luck...also noticed that the apps that I downloaded, the updates for that still shows another email address (for the person who I bought the phone from)...btw, my phone is unlocked and jailbroken...could that have any effect on this issue?
sallymomo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:26 PM   #16
jas1973
macrumors 6502

go to settings, store, and sign out.
then sign back in using her account. then her account name should come up when she tries to buy an app from the app store.
jas1973 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:26 AM   #17
brucelaidlaw
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlment View Post
Go to your app store app on your iphone
Tap on the featured section (bottom left)
Scroll all the way down and tap on the Account button
You can then sign out and sign back in whatever account you want
Thank you, thank you!!

At last! This is what I wanted. None of the other syncing advice worked.
brucelaidlaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:51 PM   #18
Bassel1979
macrumors newbie

update is not possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve10172 View Post
Hi all,
it is good news that apps will not be lost, but when an update for one of these apps become available in app store it can't be downloaded as you will be asked to buy the app again. it dose not make sense, any idea??
Bassel1979 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:02 PM   #19
JamesMB
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassel1979 View Post
Hi all,
it is good news that apps will not be lost, but when an update for one of these apps become available in app store it can't be downloaded as you will be asked to buy the app again. it dose not make sense, any idea??
You added on to the end of a thread...what are you trying to do?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:30 PM   #20
Bassel1979
macrumors newbie

unique

Hi all,

I have the same case but mine is unique and frustrating.
simply my email account which i use in app store has been blocked due to spams issue in hotmail and i could not retrieve it yet!!!! so I edited the itune's account to a new one but I have to buy all apps again if i want to update. this is very frustrating
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:33 PM   #21
JamesMB
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassel1979 View Post
Hi all,

I have the same case but mine is unique and frustrating.
simply my email account which i use in app store has been blocked due to spams issue in hotmail and i could not retrieve it yet!!!! so I edited the itune's account to a new one but I have to buy all apps again if i want to update. this is very frustrating
What did iTunes say, when you contacted them and asked if they would make your content available to the new account?

You shouldn't have made a new account, you can easily change your email address for your account in iTunes.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:55 PM   #22
Bassel1979
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMB View Post
What did iTunes say, when you contacted them and asked if they would make your content available to the new account?

You shouldn't have made a new account, you can easily change your email address for your account in iTunes.
that's what I did exactly, I didn't create new account, I just modified my old account and edited the email address. eventually the owner of the apps must remain the same. I don't know if there is a possible solution, awaiting for my old email to be released.....!
Old Dec 18, 2013, 06:26 AM   #23
xxxsyanjelina
macrumors newbie

Settings >iTunes & App store> current icloud Sign Out > Sign In
xxxsyanjelina is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone