Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Vegan TJ
Banned

App Store Update Problem

ok when i try to update the apps that are available it says "this discounted price is only available to customers who own a previous version of this item .to purchase this item at full price press ok" what do i do two of the apps are free from the app store and the other one is cBR
Vegan TJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:19 AM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Are you trying to re-download, or are you using the update pannel in the App Store? I would suggest using the iTunes App Store interface, and try checking for updates there.

TEG
Old Jul 29, 2008, 06:47 PM   #3
gre9del
macrumors newbie

This happens to me as well, and if It's a pay app and I hit buy it gives me another error. If it's a free app and I hit buy then it works. It's really annoying because it means I can't update apps from the iphone at all, I have to wait till I get home to update them. Dumb.
gre9del is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 06:50 PM   #4
StingerT125
macrumors 6502a

Like TEG asked "Are you using the update panel"

When I updated a few of mine from iTunes. At the bottom of the Apps tab there is a check for updates button.
StingerT125 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 06:55 PM   #5
Mindflux
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEG View Post
Are you trying to re-download, or are you using the update pannel in the App Store? I would suggest using the iTunes App Store interface, and try checking for updates there.

TEG
This doesn't work very well currently. Each time I update an app via the iTunes App store updater, the file gets named something new like "Super Monkey Ball 3.ipa" Though when I sync it, it never updates on the phone because iTunes is still referencing the "Super Monkey Ball.ipa"

My luck has been better updating via the phone and then syncing to iTunes.
Mindflux is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:09 AM   #6
gre9del
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
This doesn't work very well currently. Each time I update an app via the iTunes App store updater, the file gets named something new like "Super Monkey Ball 3.ipa" Though when I sync it, it never updates on the phone because iTunes is still referencing the "Super Monkey Ball.ipa"

My luck has been better updating via the phone and then syncing to iTunes.
Unfortunately, that is when I get the error. Itunes just states that there are no updates available, so I'm assuming that the files on itunes aren't copying over when I sync.
gre9del is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 01:49 AM   #7
n8236
macrumors 65816

This App Store Update thing doesn't work very well. I dl'ed the updates via iTunes, sync my phone and I get an error message.
n8236 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone