Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Ved
macrumors newbie

Is there a way to fool my ip to show me somewhere else?

Hi! I live outside the states, and I'm a big fan of this tv show (you should check it out) and the new season is just opening, thing is, it will take almost a year for it to be aired here. There at USA network they have all the chapters for free BUT you have to live IN the states to get to watch them.
Now obviously they detect your IP and therefore they decide if you can see it or not.
So what can I do? is there a way to fake my ip and show me in the states? or could I mirror that page somewhere else??

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/bur...html?id=274020
Ved is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:08 PM   #2
robbieduncan

Yes, you can use a US based proxy server. But we'd not discuss things like that here for these sorts of purposes...
robbieduncan is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:10 PM   #3
northy124
macrumors 68020

HotSpot Shield is what you want.
northy124 is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:12 PM   #4
swiftaw
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by northy124 View Post
HotSpot Shield is what you want.
No, it's not.
swiftaw is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:12 PM   #5
Ved
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieduncan View Post
Yes, you can use a US based proxy server. But we'd not discuss things like that here for these sorts of purposes...
Well uhm and I have no idea what those are, but thanks anyways!. And I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put the question, but it seemed like the best fit.
Ved is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:14 PM   #6
robbieduncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ved View Post
Well uhm and I have no idea what those are, but thanks anyways!. And I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put the question, but it seemed like the best fit.
I meant the whole forums. I'd say the rules prevent discussion of ways to circumvent region based protection. If I were you I'd do a Google search for "US Proxy Server"...
robbieduncan is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:14 PM   #7
Ved
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftaw View Post
No, it's not.
Kinda agree... what do I need a hotspot shield to watch a tv show again?
Ved is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:15 PM   #8
northy124
macrumors 68020

Quote:
No, it's not.
And why may I ask it works fine for me.
northy124 is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:16 PM   #9
Ved
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieduncan View Post
I meant the whole forums. I'd say the rules prevent discussion of ways to circumvent region based protection. If I were you I'd do a Google search for "US Proxy Server"...
You are smart...

I'm sorry about that. It's just... this is the only forum I trust. People here kicks ass
Ved is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:20 PM   #10
chscag
macrumors 6502

Ved:

Go here:

http://www.soft32.com/download_102515.html

It's not free but it works as advertised. Note: Software is Win only.

Regards.
chscag is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:20 PM   #11
northy124
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ved View Post
Kinda agree... what do I need a hotspot shield to watch a tv show again?
It is a VPN (I think that is right, Anyway site tells you more) that gives a US proxy (For me at least) use it and it should work if not then not my problem as it works fine for me and I'm to tired to explain how to use it also it looks like you never heard of it and you just slam the suggestion before trying it.
northy124 is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:23 PM   #12
Ved
macrumors newbie

Quote:
It is a VPN (I think that is right, Anyway site tells you more) that gives a US proxy (For me at least) use it and it should work if not then not my problem as it works fine for me and I'm to tired to explain how to use it also it looks like you never heard of it and you just slam the suggestion before trying it.
Well I actually read the whole description, but looks a lot more like it covers you and hides you from people than giving you a us ip, however, i am a dumbass as far as networking go, so you might be right and i just have no idea.
Ved is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:24 PM   #13
swiftaw
macrumors 603

Quote:
I guess the point I and the OP is trying to make is that the purpose of Hotspot Shield is not to give you a US Proxy (which is what the OP wants). Now, it may be that it does actually do that by some quirk (their VPN servers maybe in the US). However, when you just link to it, and we read what it does it's not hard to reach the conclusion that it is not what he's looking for.

Apologies if it does in fact solve his problem, but it's hard to see that it would just from reading what it is supposed to be used for.
swiftaw is offline   0
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:28 PM   #14
Ved
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I guess the point I and the OP is trying to make is that the purpose of Hotspot Shield is not to give you a US Proxy (which is what the OP wants). Now, it may be that it does actually do that by some quirk (their VPN servers maybe in the US). However, when you just link to it, and we read what it does it's not hard to reach the conclusion that it is not what he's looking for.

Apologies if it does in fact solve his problem, but it's hard to see that it would just from reading what it is supposed to be used for.
Ok my bad here. I am, as I just said a total newbie on networks. I know photoshop! and uhm guitar... that counts?
But I am starting to see your point. Thanks for your help!. See? I'm not stupid, just ignorant
Ved is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland