Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:56 AM   #1
Edwardz
macrumors regular

iPhone not restoring and frozen

I have already posted this, but none of the 66 views gave me advice. I need help. I am trying to restore my iPhone due to it being frozen, and it has been on the "waiting for iPhone" screen on iTunes for 4 hours now. What is the problem?

-cK
Old Jul 30, 2008, 01:08 AM   #2
The General
Banned

Right click on the iTunes icon and click "Force quit"

Then open iTunes again ... This is a rudimentary computer skill that you should have had down from the beginning.
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 02:37 AM   #3
Edwardz
macrumors regular

I could be nasty with you, but i cease not to stoop to your level. I have done that numerous times, but it seems not to work. I keep repeating the same process of restoring my iPhone and it keeps getting stuck on the same part of the restoring process. Any real help would be great. Thanks

-cK
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:21 PM   #4
andyblila
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to andyblila
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardz View Post
I have already posted this, but none of the 66 views gave me advice. I need help. I am trying to restore my iPhone due to it being frozen, and it has been on the "waiting for iPhone" screen on iTunes for 4 hours now. What is the problem?

-cK
Someone posted earlier in another thread that it took him hours to complete the restore. Is the computer responsive while this is happening? I don't know how long you should wait, but the word is it takes an exorbitant amount of time.
32 GB iPad Air
andyblila is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:30 PM   #5
The General
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardz View Post
I could be nasty with you, but i cease not to stoop to your level. I have done that numerous times, but it seems not to work. I keep repeating the same process of restoring my iPhone and it keeps getting stuck on the same part of the restoring process. Any real help would be great. Thanks

-cK
Then restart your computer. Waiting for hours is not going to help. Here, put your phone in DFU mode and restore that way. Get a clock or a timer and get the timing just right, otherwise it won't work:

Hold sleep/wake and home to turn the phone off.

Wait exactly 10 seconds.

Hold sleep/wake for exactly 10 seconds.

Release sleep/wake and continue to hold home for exactly 10 seconds.

You are now in DFU mode. Plug your phone into iTunes and it will say that you need to restore your phone. Restore your phone.
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:56 PM   #6
EllaSofia
macrumors newbie

DFU didn't work

Hi
I have had the same problem as you, where when restoring my iPhone it stopped at a certain point. I tried the DFU mode, and although it allowed me to try restoring again, the same thing happened.
Does anyone else have any advice about what to do?
EllaSofia is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting